Online Tutoring How-To
How to Schedule a Private Tutoring Appointment
Baylor Online Tutoring via Microsoft Teams
Due to changes in the format of the Spring semester of 2021, all tutoring for this semester has been moved online. Online tutoring is now available for all Baylor students. In order to get free private tutoring, follow the directions on this page.
What You Need to be Prepared for Your Tutoring Appointment
To participate in online tutoring, you will need to download Microsoft Teams. Please do this well in advance of your first appointment so you will have it available for all future online tutoring appointments with any tutor this semester.
PRIOR TO THE START OF YOUR SESSION, be sure you have accomplished the following:
- Download Microsoft Teams and become familiar with how to use the app.
- To get Microsoft Teams, log in to your Office 365 with your Baylor credentials here.
- Once in Office 365, download Microsoft Teams from the suite of applications listed. For instructions on how to use Microsoft Teams, refer to any of these video tutorials.
- Once you have downloaded Microsoft Teams, gather your course materials, (notes, online textbook, canvas course instructions, etc.) and have them accessible during your session. If you have never used Microsoft Teams before, have a friend download the app as well and practice using the app. The PDF linked below has some helpful hints about how to use the tools within a video call.
On the date and time of your tutoring appointment:
- Be in front of your computer with Microsoft Teams open and ready to receive your “video call.”
- Your tutor will place a “video call” to you at the start of your session using your email address in Microsoft Teams. You do not need to call them, they will call you as close to your start time as possible. Please be patient if the previous appointment ended a few minutes late. Tutors will do their best to end a call on time so they can address the next waiting appointment.
- Select the video camera icon to accept the video call.
- You will be connected to your tutor! Have a great session!
Click here for a PDF that contains some illustrated steps of tools you can use during the session.
To see more resources and information about online tutoring, view this page.