Mission and Calling
Baylor's mission is to educate students for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment in a caring community.
The Mission of the Baylor University Career Center is to ensure each student has the opportunity and support to achieve their career potential.
Our office is committed to the following:
- Every student at Baylor University will have access to career resources
- Every student at Baylor University will have dedicated career professionals available to them, based on their major
- Career information such as job placement, grad school placement, student career success, average salaries, major employers and overall career profiles of each graduating class will be shared to students, staff, faculty and key stakeholders on a regular and timely basis
- There will be a strong push to actively increase the engagement and student ownership in their respective career success
- The programs provided by the Baylor University Career Center will facilitate greater connection to Baylor alumni in support of the student’s career progression
The staff of Baylor University Career Center aims to hold true to the following values through our work with students, employers, university personnel, alumni, and parents. We are committed to the mission of Baylor University and use the established mission to guide in development of strategic plans, services, and program development.
- Student-Centered Approach
- Holistic View of Students
- Appreciation for Diversity
- Respect for Christian Tradition
We believe that Success Starts Now, meaning that it is never too early to start on your career path. The Baylor University Career Center is here to enhance your education and experience at Baylor and further prepare you to go into the world, follow your calling, and find success in all that you do.
Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.