Canvas now features new media tools for creating, editing, managing, searching, and delivering video and audio content online. Our summer integration of the Kaltura Media Platform has added robust media features to Canvas for all users. The Kaltura Media Platform allows users to:
- create video presentations and automatically upload to Canvas
- maintain a personal media collection through "My Media"
- edit media
- organize, tag and search media content
- share media with class participants through "Media Gallery"
- moderate media content
- monitor student activity with media-specific usage analytics
- add captioning to media
Kaltura handles all media delivery using adaptive bitrate technology to ensure quality regardless of the user's connection.
Learn more about what you can do with Kaltura in Canvas.