Creating a path for our community to experience outdoor activities!
Access to outdoor adventure experiences for all individuals and families
To provide outdoor adventure programs that support the well-being of underrepresented communities
- Welcoming outdoor experiences: We believe all people of all backgrounds should receive a positive outdoor experience.
- Positive stewardship of the outdoors: We believe the wonder and beauty of outdoor spaces should be supported and protected.
- Compassion in any circumstance: We believe in the restorative power of compassion on the individual and community.
- Family engagement: We believe holistic and lasting experiential learning happens within a family unit.
- Leadership through adventure: We believe leadership is refined through the uncertainty intrinsic of adventure
What We Do
Bear Adventures aims to reach Waco community members who are under 130% the federal poverty line. Within this demographic, added focus goes to supporting the outdoor adventure experiences of females, persons who are disabled, and youth. Bear Adventures also promotes the use of outdoor adventure as an avenue of familial bonding and personal growth. Through afterschool programs, day trips, weekend camping experiences, and summer youth camps Bear Adventures strives to engage the Waco community in novel outdoor experiences.
- Bird watching
- Wildlife viewing
- Environmental education
- Mountain biking
- Nature photography
- Outdoor cooking
- Rock climbing
Interested in Volunteering or Mentoring
Do you have a love for the outdoors? Do you have a desire to pass that love on to others? Bear Adventures provides a unique space to refine your outdoor enthusiast skills while supporting the experiences of underserved individuals.