Join Our Team
Campus Recreation provides a variety of job opportunities for students with all types of interests, strengths, skills and personalities. Positions are available in Aquatics, Facilities, Fitness, Intramural Sports and Outdoor Adventure. Review the list of the student worker positions below to see that Campus Recreation has a place for all students.
STUDENT EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
Administrative Student Assistant
- join the "A"-Team and work "behind the scenes" in the Campus Rec Office; previous clerical experience preferred. Please look for our job listing on the student employment website under the title Summer Student Worker, Campus Recreation Office Assistant to apply. All positions are currently filled.
Fitness Center Attendant
- passionate about fitness and helping to create a fun and safe workout experience for others? Serve as a Baylor Fitness team member in our SLC and Russell weight centers; background in health or fitness preferred.
Now Hiring for Spring 2023!
- become a member of our Aquatics team and work as a lifeguard at the SLC Leisure Pool; certification required. Now Hiring for Spring 2023!
Recreation Service Team
- enter the front lines of Campus Recreation Member Services by working at the front desk of the SLC, Russell Gym and the Pullin Family Marina; previous customer service experience preferred. Now Hiring for Spring 2023!
- Enjoy social media? Have a knack for design, photography or shooting high-quality video? Lend your skill to the Campus Rec Marketing Team as a designer, videographer, photographer or social media specialist, and have a TON of fun doing it.
REC Camp Counselor
- Do you enjoy working with kids, being active, and having a ton of fun while doing it? Be a counselor on our team and help lead activities, coach sports, and engage in indoor and outdoor recreation while serving as a mentor for elementary and middle-school age youth. Hiring will open in Spring 2023!
- you make the call! Get an active courtside view of Baylor Intramurals by officiating one of our many intramural sports; general sports knowledge preferred. Now Hiring for Spring 2023!
OUTDOOR ADVENTURE POSITIONS
- help Baylor students get a taste of the outdoors here in the SLC by belaying students, faculty, and staff up the tallest free-standing collegiate rock wall in Texas; experience preferred but not required. Now Hiring for Spring 2023!
- join the OA team on the banks of the Brazos River; help teach and guide our patrons as they learn and experience the river on our kayaks, canoes and sailboats at the Pullin Family Marina. Now Hiring for Spring 2023!
- seeking a graduate student to come join our leadership team. Assist the Coordinator for Outdoor Adventure in the day to day management of the Pullin Family Marina and Baylor Bike Shop; expected to work an average of 10-20 hours per week. Other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned as needed. Evening and weekend hours required. Now Hiring for Spring 2023!
The Department of Campus Recreation offers Graduate Assistantships in Facilities, Sport Clubs, Marketing, Outdoor Adventure and Intramural Sports. Graduate Assistants are paid 20 hours per week, and a partial scholarship for tuition is available. Acceptance into Baylor Graduate School is required to be considered as an application.
Potential areas of graduate study include Sport Management, Sport Pedagogy, Public Health. For more information on the graduate programs offered by Baylor University, visit the Baylor Graduate School.
Interested applicants may contact the Campus Recreation Office for additional information.
Once we have had the opportunity to review the current applications, we will contact you regarding availability.
If you would like further information about student employment at Baylor University, please visit the Student Employment/Work Study Website.