We are excited to welcome you, the inaugural Hankamer Scholars class, to Baylor University and the Hankamer School of Business! Below you will find steps to complete in preparation for registering for courses.
Step 1: Attend Information Session (Students & Parents)
- Sign up for a Required Information Session. Students receive the link in a Newsletter through their Baylor email prior to the end of May.
- During this Required Information Session, students will meet with Hankamer School of Business advisors and fellow Hankamer Scholars to understand the course requirements of the Hankamer Scholars program.
- Students will receive the Zoom link to their Baylor email the day before the selected Information Session.
- Parents are encouraged to attend the Information Session and there will be a Parent Q&A following the Session.
Step 2: Schedule your Virtual Advising Appointment (Students)
- After attending the Required Information Session, an advisor will communicate via the student's Baylor email about how to schedule a VIRTUAL one-on-one Advising Appointment.
- These appointments will be exclusively for the advisor and the student.
- Select a time that does not overlap with your session dates for Orientation and Baylor Line Camp. Students will not have the opportunity during Orientation or Baylor Line Camp experiences for advising appointments.
Step 3: Prepare for VIRTUAL Advising Appointment (Students)
- Review Baylor Orientation Website
- Watch all videos below prior to Advising Appointment
- Review the Hankamer Scholar Major Academic Planner (MAP)
- Verify in goBaylor that you have no registration holds
- Review Math Credit: If you are test optional, you must already have received approved credit for MTH 1320 or MTH 1321, or take the ALEKS Placement Exam and score an 80 or higher to place into MTH 1321.
- If applicable, have an unofficial college transcript showing which Dual Credit courses you have taken (please note, this should be a college transcript and not a high school transcript)
- If applicable, have a list of AP Exams taken along with any known exam scores
- Write down any questions you want to ask in your advising appointment
Videos to Watch Prior to Advising Appointment
- 1. Hankamer Scholars
- 2. Tips for Success
- 3. Additional Track Information
- 4. Credit & Placement Exam Info
The Business School offers various majors and certificates to help prepare you for your career goals. To learn more, please review the following.
Other Videos Related to the Business School
|Business Analytics & Energy Commerce Certificates||View Description|
|Economics & International Business||View Description|
|Entrepreneurship & Corporate Innovation||View Description|
|Finance, Risk Management & Insurance||View Description|
|Management, Supply Chain & Human Resources||View Description|
|Management Information Systems (MIS)||View Description|
|Marketing, S3 & Professional Selling||View Description|