The S3 program is unique in its vision, values, mission and culture. No other academic program in the world focuses solely on revenue generation in sports & entertainment. There is only one S3. Consistent with the Christian mission and purpose of Baylor University, we prepare passionate servant leaders to positively influence lives in places people go to play or watch others play.
To instill integrity in the business of sports & entertainment.
The acronym WINS represents Work ethic, Integrity, Networking relationships, and Spirit.
To faithfully live lives of integrity marked by a strong work ethic to influence and transform relationships in the sports & entertainment industry one person at a time.
Members of S3 agree to:
- Stay fit
- We bring ourselves to work and school: spiritually, physically, morally, emotionally, and financially.
- Make it better
- Make the good better, the better best, never let it rest.
- Take it personally
- Each S3 member takes the S3 vision, values and mission personally.
- Leadership isn’t just getting things done right, but getting things done through other people.
- Replace yourself
- We extend our influence by finding and mentoring replacements.
- Remain open-handed
- We embrace change with an open mind, with open hands and open communication.
- Go the 2nd mile
- Go beyond the minimum. Exceed expectations.
Staying fit, beginning with our spiritual lives, drives overall fitness and behaviors consistent with WINS and the other six behaviors to accomplish the S3 Vision & Mission. Going the 2nd mile is the keystone to completing the first six behaviors that permeate the S3 Culture.