Volunteer for the New Venture Competition!
We are excited to offer an excellent volunteer opportunity as part of the Baylor New Venture Competition this year!
Volunteering for the competition is a great professional development opportunity which will provide you a first-hand experience into the world of entrepreneurship. You will also have the chance to meet and network with student entrepreneurs, as well as angel investors, venture capitalists, serial entrepreneurs, corporate CEOs, investment professionals, and business leaders from a vast array of industries.
We need 30 volunteers for this year's event. We have various positions available to assist with different parts of the competition. All volunteers will need to attend a training session (tentative date Feb. 20, time to be determined) prior to the competition on Feb. 21-23, 2019. Information for the training session will be sent to volunteers by e-mail.
The needed times for volunteer support are the following:
Friday, February 22, 2019
- 8:00 am - 12:00 pm Set up
- 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm Competition activities
- 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm Break down and prep for evening Waco tour and downtown activities
Saturday, February 23, 2019
- 6:00 am - 8:00 am Set up
- 8:00 am - 11:00 am Competition activities
- 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm Competition activities and break down
- 4:30 pm - 10:00 pm Prep for Awards Banquet and break down
Sound interesting? How about if we throw in free catered meals and a free Baylor New Venture Competition polo?
Please consider the available positions below. To sign up as a volunteer, please follow this link:
• Check-in Teams and Judges
• Provide information to competition attendees
• Collect materials from teams
• Direct competition attendees
• Queue teams for Feedback Sessions and/or Finals
• Direct and assist judges with various needs
• Help with various tasks as assigned
• Help set up beforehand
• Take score sheets from judges to scoring area
• Assist room monitors as they stay in rooms
• Open and close presentation sessions
• Time sessions to keep on schedule
• Signal competitors to indicate remaining time
• Assist with AV equipment as necessary