Start Your Journey and Submit Your Company
Eligibility and Other Information
A brief outline for entering the Baylor New Venture Competition can be found in the tabs below. For details on these items, consult the Official Guidebook.
Forming a Team
Detailed eligibility rules found on pages 3-4 of the Official Guidebook.
To be eligible for the competition, your team must:
- Have 2 - 4 team members.
- Be current students (undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate) or have graduated May 2017 or later.
- Have at least one member that is a current full-time university student; undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate.
- Designate a point-of-contact person responsible for communication with competition organizers.
- Have team members that hold fundamental, equity-holding positions within the company and have a combined ownership of at least 25% of the founder's equity in the company.
- Not have members on multiple teams in the competition.
- Be present during the entire competition and at the time of the prize presentations to be eligible for prizes.
Detailed eligibility rules found on page 4 of the Official Guidebook.
Business plans submitted by teams should be for ventures that are:
- Early stage
- Potentially seeking initial investment capital
Submissions should not include:
- Entity Expansions
- Real Estate Ventures
Executive Summary Format
All executive summaries must be submitted in PDF format using the submission site. Please name the file as: BNVC_CompanyName_UniversityName_Exec.pdf.
Consult the Resources page for an example.
Detailed format requirements are found on pages 5-6 of the Official Guidebook:
- One Sentence Summary
- Overview of Business
- Problem Solved
- Product or Services Offered
- Market Overview
- Business Model
- Customers or Prospective Customers
- Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Competitive Environment
- Management Team
- Capital Needed
- Contact Info for the Team Leader
Business Plan Format
All business plans must be submitted in PDF format using the submission site. Please name the file as: BNVC_CompanyName_UniversityName_Plan.pdf. Consult the Resources page for an example.
Please consult the Official Guidebook, pages 6-8 for additional format requirements:
- Title/Cover Page*
- Table of Contents*
- Executive Summary
- Business Mission and Vision
- Business Description
- Market Analysis
- Description of Products and Services
- Organization and Management
- Marketing and Sales Strategy
- Financials (five-year projected Income Statement required)
- Appendix (up to 10 pages, must be clearly indicated as appendix pages)
*Does not count toward 10-page total
Information Sessions at Baylor
There will be two general information sessions for the 2019 competition.
Dates for the Information Sessions are TBA.
Please follow the Baylor Entrepreneurship & Free Enterprise (@BaylorEntrepreneurship) Facebook page for updates.