Baylor Honors Texas Family Businesses for the 30th YearNov. 18, 2019
Baylor University’s Institute for Family Business honored the 2019 Texas Family Business of the Year Award winners and finalists with a banquet on Nov. 8 at the Paul L. Foster Campus for Business and Innovation.
The awards program celebrated its 30th anniversary by recognizing outstanding firms who demonstrate a commitment to business continuity while serving their employees, community and industry.
“It was a joy for us to celebrate these wonderful Texas family businesses in way that honored them while showcasing our beautiful campus,” said William J. Worthington, director.
2019 winners are:
- Small Family Business of the Year – G. W. Mitchell Construction of San Antonio
- Medium Family Business of the Year – The First State Bank of Louise
- Large Family Business of the Year – First State Bank with headquarters in Gainesville
- Community Commitment Award – Russell Feed & Supply of Fort Worth
- Family Values Award – Legacy Protection & Preservation of Round Rock
- Fastest Growing Award – Casita Enterprises of Rice
- Well-Managed Award – Feedstore BBQ of Southlake
- Founders Award – Water District Management of Houston
- Heritage Award – Metallic Products of Houston
- Stewardship Award – Cen-Tex Roof Systems of Waco
- Finalist – OK Pipe & Fittings, Inc. of Moscow
- Finalist – Quadvest, LP of Magnolia
- Finalist – Superior Shot Peening & Coatings International of Houston
- Finalist – Thermo/Probes, Inc. of Houston
For only the third time, two businesses were named to the Texas Family Business Hall of Fame:
- Focus Behavioral Associates of Robinson
- Renfro Foods of Fort Worth
Induction into the Texas Family Business Hall of Fame recognizes those rare businesses that show such consistent commitment to business, family and community that they are selected for the third time among the top Family Businesses in Texas.
Through the Texas Family Business of the Year program and other activities, the Institute for Family Business at Baylor University promotes the tenets of Firm-Family-Faith on a global scale through scholarly research, student learning, and engaged fellowship between family owned businesses and Baylor University.
Visit the Texas Family Business website to learn more about the awards. For more information, call Linda Ramirez, program coordinator for the Institute for Family Business, at (254) 710-4157. Follow on Twitter @BaylorFamilyBiz. To join the mailing list to learn about new developments and opportunities, text ‘BaylorIFB’ to 22828.