Cyber security is a growing concern in every industry that relies on information technology. Gain the transferable skills you need to meet that concern with the in-demand Online Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Cyber Security program. Taught by experienced faculty, this program combines current business management tools with a cutting-edge cyber security curriculum.
Explore the foundational aspects of cyber security and how they relate to organizations and businesses and learn how to effectively mitigate information risks. The program dives into the critical topics facing organizations today and will prepare you for a variety of careers in areas such as threat analysis, cyber defense, and network security.
- Understand business better and function as a conduit (or even a translator) between the business units and IT so IT understands business implications of cyber security decisions and vice versa.
- Apply a wide range of ideas, concepts and results from the information security discipline to more effectively mitigate information risks.
- Understand the entire scope of the area of cyber security and develop/improve upon existing related policies and procedures within the student’s organization.
- Evaluate cyber threats in the context of data quality, along with security and privacy regulations to determine their potential impact on information resources.
- Project Manager
- Security Director
- Senior Information Security Analyst
- IT Director
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Cyber Security Consultant
In order to earn an Online MBA degree in Cyber Security, students must complete 48-60 credit hours. The number of credit hours varies per student depending on whether additional business foundation courses are required. Below you will find the required core courses you must take for the Cyber Security concentration:
|ECO 5415||Economics for Managers|
|FIN 5460||Fundamentals of Applied Business Finance|
|MGT 5410||Managing for Higher Performance|
|MGT 5420||Manufacturing & Service Operations|
|MGT 5485||Strategic Management & Business Policy|
|QBA 5435||Business Statistics|
|MIS 5450||Managing Information Technology in Enterprise|
|ISEC 5405||Cyber Security Fundamentals|
|ISEC 5430||Organizational Strategies for Cyber Security|
|CHOOSE ONE||COMMUNICATIONS COURSE|
|BUS 5490||Strategic Communication|
|BUS 5460||Communicating with Data|
|CHOOSE ONE||MARKETING COURSE|
|MKT 5410||Strategic Marketing|
|MKT 5440||Strategic Brand Management|
|MKT 5460||Marketing Analysis|