International Trip for Fall 2022
Our Full-Time MBA program realizes that worldwide business exposure provides a transformative educational experience. As such, the MBA program, in partnership with the McBride Center for International Business, is excited to announce that the incoming class for 2022 will have the distinction of being the first class to experience a global management experience as part of our updated curriculum.
Our students will spend several days abroad engaging with people and organizations across a variety of businesses and industry sectors. In part, they’ll do so by participating in interactive business projects and site visits. Students will also have time set aside to complete a service project. The goal of this trip is to enable our students to frame the remainder of their courses of the MBA program against the backdrop of a first-hand global experience. Doing so will better prepare them to be influential and informed business leaders in an increasingly global marketplace.
It's not enough to have business knowledge, you have to understand how and why to use it. Our Focus Firm class helps students achieve that understanding through an experiential learning project. Baylor MBA has partnered with a wide variety of companies for the Focus Firm class, including Fortune 500 companies such as 7-11, Lockheed Martin and Coca-Cola; non-profits such as One Heart Project and Waco Art Center; and entrepreneurial projects with Durango Midstream and Eljun, LLC.
What does success look like by the end of the Focus Firm class?
- The ability to immediately apply knowledge learned in class to a real-world challenge. Students perform quantitative analysis to develop solutions based on data.
- Access to company executives who provide real-time feedback, while being coached by a practicing professional on industry expectations. Students are mentored on how to solve a business problem with time constraints, ambiguity and asymmetric information.
- Development of teamwork and presentation skills to demonstrate effective management. Students learn and practice in teams to accelerate the path from classroom learning to leadership-readiness.
For Partnering Companies:
- Evaluation of MBA talent. Executives interface with students for a short, high-impact project to assess knowledge and skills.
- The opportunity to career opportunities. Executives offer insights into corporate culture and required skills that MBA graduates will need for career success.
- Delivery of actionable solutions. Executives receive an outside perspective of an internal issue that could impact their business today.
Leadership Summit - New York City