International Students

Baylor Business MBA

Before your arrival at Baylor:

  • Connect with Baylor's Center for Global Engagement.

  • The Center for Global Engagement will help you with your transition to Baylor. The staff serves as your liaison to U.S. federal agencies and is there to assist you with maintaining your visa status.

  • Get your Form I-20.

  • New international students are issued an initial I-20 by a Designated School Official (DSO) from Baylor’s Center for Global Engagement. Contact Global Engagement for complete instructions. Once the I-20 is issued, you will receive an email regarding mailing options.

  • Obtain Health Insurance.

  • Health insurance is required for you and your dependents. The cost of health insurance is part of the funding you must document to obtain an I-20. To read about health insurance requirements, click here. Or, call the Health Center at (254) 710-1010.

  • Apply for Student Visa.

  • Apply for the F-1 visa at the U.S. Consulate or Embassy using your Baylor I-20. After you receive your visa to study at Baylor, notify both the Business School and the Center for Globabl Engagement.

  • Register for Courses.

  • Contact your academic advisor to review course options and degree requirements. Additional information about course registration is available at:

  • Prepare for Career Development.

  • Read the book Power Ties - The International Student's Guide to Finding a Job in the United States, by Dan Beaudry. The book is not expensive and it is an excellent guide for international students who want to pursue employment in the United States.

  • Identify Personal Records.

  • Obtain and keep copies of important medical and dental records, x-rays, and prescriptions. Keep a copy of ALL important documents and completed forms for your files.

    You may want to buy traveler's checks (recommended amount: $1,000 USD) to cover expenses during your first few weeks in the United States. Keep the receipt separate from the traveler's checks.

Border Title