Next Steps in Your MBA Journey:
- Advising & Registration
- Financial Aid
- Financial Settlement
- Career Management
Step 1 - Activate Baylor Accounts
- Official Documents - If your offer of admission is contingent upon receipt of official documents, i.e. test scores and transcripts, you need to request official documents be sent as quickly as possible. You will not be able to activate your Baylor accounts or register for courses until Baylor receives all official documents. Check your Baylor Application Portal to confirm the receipt of all official documents. Once all official documents are received, the admissions process is complete.
- BearID - Activate your BearID (Baylor email account). The BearID will serve as your primary means of communication with Baylor faculty and staff.
- BearWeb - Activate your BearWeb student account. BearWeb is Baylor's secure online system allowing students self-service access to information about your financial aid, grades and transcripts, and registration of classes as well as personal information such as addresses, phone numbers and emergency contacts.
Step 2 - Submit Enrollment Forms
- MBA Enrollment Form - A deposit of $500 is required by the Business School to reserve your place in the MBA program. The deposit can be paid either by credit card or by check while completing the MBA Enrollment Form.
- Tuition Scholarship - If you received an offer for a Graduate Scholarship award, please sign and return the award agreement to the Business School.
- Graduate Assistantship Work -If you are offered a position to work as a Graduate Assistant, you must complete an I-9 and a W-4. See the Graduate School's Student Employment Forms webpage for more information and copies of the forms.
- Health Form and Health Insurance - All students need to complete and return the Baylor Health Form to Baylor's Health Center. You can also research the Student Health Insurance Plan available to Baylor graduate students. NOTE: You will also need to provide proof of your Meningitis vaccination required by Texas state law. All students under 30 on the first day of class must have the meningitis vaccination at least 10 days prior to the first day of class. Details are available here.
- International Students - All international students should connect with Baylor's Center for Global Engagement which assists incoming international students with visa-related requirements. You can also use the MBA program checklist for international students.
Step 3 - Contact your Advisor
- Advising - Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor, Chelsea Derry, via our Scheduling Calendar.
- Orientation will be held during the Business Frameworks courses in August.
Step 4 - Register for Courses
- You should register for courses prior to arrival on campus. General registration info is available at www.baylor.edu/mba/registration
- Registration Holds - If you have a hold on your student account, you can identify the type of hold through your BearWeb account. New students often have a hold because personal information is incomplete. Personal data such as date of birth, ethnicity and religion are not required during the application process but are needed for Baylor to compile student profiles. Baylor never releases individual statistics to any outside entity.
- Textbooks - Access required textbook information on BearWeb. After registering, select the "get books" option to see required textbooks. If no textbooks show under a specific course, professors will share any required materials with you either prior to or on the first day of class.
Step 5 - Secure Financial Aid
- Financial Aid - The earlier you apply for financial aid, the sooner you can complete the process. Learn more via Baylor's Office of Financial Aid..
- Cost of Attendance - For financial aid purposes, the Cost of Attendance is an estimate of the total cost to attend Baylor and includes both direct and indirect costs. Direct costs are those billed by Baylor, such as tuition and fees. Indirect Costs are books, supplies, transportation, personal expenses and room and board. The Business School does assess an additional Graduate Program Fee of $200 in the fall and spring semesters for MBA students.
Step 6 - Pay your Bill
A student's course registration for a given semester is not complete until all expenses are paid or the first payment of the Installment Plan (the minimum amount due) is received. A Financial Settlement Checklist is posted by Baylor's Office of Student Financial Services.
Contact Career Management
Upon admission, you can start working with Career Management. One-on-one coaching appointments are available in person or by phone. Select a time via our Scheduling Calendar.
Understand Technology Requirements
- Canvas - Canvas is the software used by Baylor that allows you to communicate with instructors and fellow students within a course. Other features include 24/7 availability of syllabi, assignments, online grades, online attendance tracking, and Internet communication tools. You can access your course materials from any computer with Internet access. Log into Canvas.
- Notebook Computer - All MBA students are required to have a notebook computer. Notebook requirements
- Microsoft 365 Products - Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus service is now available for all current Baylor faculty, staff, and students.
- Baylor ID Card - After you arrive on campus, you will get a Baylor ID card, which is used for library privileges, building access, lab access, meal plans, selected student functions, and sporting events.
- Excel - Excel skills are critical for any course that involves quantitative problems. Find a training resource to help update your skills. A few suggestions: