All applicants must follow the application procedures established by their appropriate service's regulations. For specific information about services' procedures, contact your respective career activities/education office(s).
U.S. military officers, Department of Defense Civilians, and VA employees must first be approved by their respective services to attend the Army-Baylor Program. Attendance to the Army-Baylor Program will likely result in an individual additional service obligation.
For example, U.S. Army officers serving as an Army Nurse, Medical Service, Medical Specialist or Veterinary officer must apply and be selected through the Long-Term Health Education Training.
Criteria of Admissions (CAHME II.A.1):
- Federal Service employment and approval from the respective service for attendance
- Baccalaureate degree or first professional degree from an accredited educational institution
- Standardized test (GRE or GMAT). The minimum acceptable GRE for the MHA program is 300, while the minimum GMAT score for is 525. For the joint MHA/MBA degree option, the minimum acceptable GRE score is 310 while the minimum GMAT score is 575.
- Cumulative 3.0 undergraduate grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale from degree granting institution
- Executive Clinical Leadership (ECL) track (compressed into one-year) must have previous clinical experience
- Submit required documentation to the Army-Baylor Program Administration Office:
- Officer record brief (U.S. Army Officers) or equivalent for other services
- Resume (civilian-style)
- Purpose Statement
- Official transcripts from accredited degree-granting institutions. Transcripts for transfer credits are not required.
- Test scores (GMAT or GRE) (Select 6032 for Baylor University and 68631 for U.S. Medical Center of Excellence)
The Army-Baylor Program can admit up to 55 single-track MHA students and up to 30 dual track MHA/MBA students.
The respective services often select officers for the MHA degree track. If any of these officers are interesting in pursuing the dual MHA/MBA, Army-Baylor may provide an admissions waiver.
The Army-Baylor Program maintains an admissions committee to process any waivers into the MHA or MHA/MBA program. The admissions committee considers a holistic view of the candidate using the required documentation to include compelling purpose statements in their waiver recommendation to the Program Director. The Program Director may schedule interviews as necessary.
Once you are cleared for admission by the Army-Baylor Program Administration Office, the Education Technician will send admitted students information on finalizing the application process with Baylor University. Please do not submit documents to Baylor University until instructed.
Army-Baylor achieved a 100% placement and retention rate for the 2019-2021 class within 90 days after graduation.
If you have any questions about the military approval process, please call the Education and Training Technician: DSN 471-6443, or commercial 210-221-6443.
Army-Baylor Program Administration Office:
US ARMY MEDICAL CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
BLDG 2841 ATMC-WBB-GB (RENE L. PRYOR)
3599 WINFIELD SCOTT RD SUITE 1230
JBSA FT SAM HOUSTON TX 78234-6135
Last Updated: 20220224