Welcome to the Hankamer School of Business
We are glad you have chosen to study at Baylor University and eagerly anticipate your arrival on campus.
Below is a checklist for students entering the MSIS, MSEco, MAcc or MTax program. Students entering the MBA program should read the MBA Admitted Student webpage.
- Within 30
Days of Acceptance
- Business School
Within 30 days of Acceptance
- Intent to Enroll (MSIS, MAcc, MTax and MSEco programs only) - Confirm your intent to enroll in your GoBaylor account.
- Graduate Scholarship - If you received an offer for a Scholarship award, please sign and return the award agreement to the Business School.
Additionally, all graduate students receiving a stipend must complete an I-9 and a W-4. See the Graduate School's Student Employment Forms webpage for more information and copies of the forms.
Activate Baylor Accounts
- Official Documents - If your offer of admission is contingent upon receipt of official documents, you will not be able to activate your Baylor accounts or register for courses until Baylor receives all official documents, i.e. transcripts. Check your goBaylor Grad account to confirm the receipt of all official documents.
- BearWeb - Activate your BearWeb student account. BearWeb is Baylor's secure online system allowing students self-service access to information about your financial aid, grades and transcripts, and registration of classes as well as personal information such as addresses, phone numbers and emergency contacts.
- BearID - Activate your BearID (Baylor email account). The BearID is not to be confused with the Baylor ID number, which is your nine digit number used to access your individual and financial records via BearWeb.
- ID Card - Obtain a Baylor ID card. You can get your Baylor ID card on the first floor of Robinson Tower.
- International Students - The Business School works with Baylor's Office of Global Engagement to serve incoming international students.
Course Registration and Financial Settlement
- Health Form and Health Insurance - Complete and return the Baylor Health Form to Baylor's Health Center. Research the Student Health Insurance Plan available to Baylor graduate students. You will also need to provide proof of your Meningitis vaccination required by Texas state law. Details are available here.
- Course Registration - Graduate students should register for courses prior to arrival on campus. Contact your academic advisor to review degree requirements and course options.
- Financial Aid - Apply for financial aid through Baylor's Office of Financial Aid.
- Financial Settlement - A student's course registration for a given semester is not complete until all expenses are paid or the first payment of the Installment Plan (the minimum amount due) is received. A Financial Settlement Checklist is posted by Baylor's Office of Student Financial Services.
Required Business School Orientation
- May 29 - All new graduate business students
Luncheon from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Graduate Student Lounge, Room #440, Business School
- August 17 - All new MSIS and MSEco students
Time: 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Foster, Room 403, Paul L. Foster Campus for Business and Innovation
- January 14 - All new graduate business students
Graduate Conference Room #440, Business School