Welcome to the Hankamer School of Business
We are glad you have chosen to study at Baylor University and eagerly anticipate your arrival on campus.
Below is a checklist for students entering the MSIS, MSEco, MAcc or MTax program.
MBA students should read MBA Admitted Student webpage.
Online MBA students should read OMBA Admitted Student webpage.
- Within 30
Days of Acceptance
- Business School
Within 30 days of Acceptance
- Intent to Enroll - Confirm your intent to enroll in your Application Portal.
- Tuition Scholarship - If you received an offer for a Tuition Scholarship award, please sign and return the award agreement to the Business School.
- Graduate Assistantship Work - All graduate students receiving a stipend must complete an I-9 and a W-4. See the Graduate School's Student Employment Forms webpage for more information and copies of the forms.
- Official Application Documents - If your offer of admission is contingent upon receipt of official documents, you need to request official documents be sent to Baylor as quickly as possible. You will not be able to activate your Baylor accounts or register for courses until Baylor receives all official documents, i.e. transcripts and test scores. Check your Application Portal to confirm the receipt of all official documents.
Activate Baylor Accounts
- BearWeb - Activate your BearWeb student account. BearWeb is Baylor's secure online system allowing students self-service access to information about your financial aid, grades and transcripts, and registration of classes as well as personal information such as addresses, phone numbers and emergency contacts.
- Bear_ID - Your Bear_ID is your Baylor email address, generally in the format email@example.com. The Bear_ID and password are the keys to your Baylor email account and to accessing many campus electronic resources. The Bear_ID will serve as your primary means of communication with Business School faculty and staff.
- ID Card - Obtain a Baylor ID card. You can get your Baylor ID card on the first floor of Robinson Tower.
- International Students - The Business School works with Baylor's Office of International Student and Scholar Services within the Center for Global Engagement to serve incoming international students.
Course Registration and Financial Settlement
- Health Form and Health Insurance - Complete and return the Baylor Health Form to Baylor's Health Center. Research the Student Health Insurance Plan available to Baylor graduate students. You will also need to provide proof of your Meningitis vaccination required by Texas state law. Details are available here.
- Course Registration - Graduate students should register for courses prior to arrival on campus. Contact your academic advisor to review degree requirements and course options.
- Financial Aid - Apply for financial aid through Baylor's Office of Financial Aid.
- Financial Settlement - A student's course registration for a given semester is not complete until all expenses are paid or the first payment of the Installment Plan (the minimum amount due) is received. A Financial Settlement Checklist is posted by Baylor's Office of Student Financial Services.
Required Business School Orientation
- January 13 - All new graduate business students
Time: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
4th Floor Business School, Room #440