Things To Do Before You Graduate
Important details are provided below. Please read carefully.
- File for Graduation
In the first week of your graduating semester, you must submit a Graduating Student Form so the Graduate School can certify your graduation.
- Confirm Commencement Attendance. Baylor assumes all graduates will walk in the commencement ceremony. If you are unable to attend, notify the Registrar's Office by completing the Non-participation Form. If you submit the Non-participation Form, your diploma will be mailed to you after the ceremony.
- Confirm Hooding Ceremony Attendance and Provide Information. The Business School will host a Hooding Ceremony and reception to present you with your master's hood.
- Purchase Cap and Gown Graduates wear traditional academic dress which you may purchase at the Baylor Bookstore on campus. Master's degree regalia includes a cap, gown, tassel, and hood. The color of the hood is "drab" (tan).
The Business School hosts a Hooding Ceremony to recognize all Graduate Business degree candidates.
During the ceremony a faculty member places the master's hood over the head of the graduate, signifying his or her success in completing the graduate program. The ceremony is similar to the Commencement Ceremony in that faculty and students are dressed in academic attire.
Schedule for Fall 2018
Friday, December 14, 2018
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Waco Hall
GRADUATES: Please arrive at 6:15 p.m. to line up.
Families and friends are invited to join the ceremony (doors open at 6:15 p.m. with ample seating) and to attend a reception in the Waco Hall atrium, immediately following the ceremony.
Saturday, December 15, 2018
Time: 9:30 a.m.
Place: Ferrell Center
All graduates need to: RSVP for Hooding Ceremony.
- Keep a Baylor email address: To access your new alumni.baylor.edu account, see Alumni Email.
- Join the Baylor Network: Baylor MBA alumni can benefit from the significant network capital that exists with our graduates. As a graduate of either the full-time or executive MBA program, we invite you to join the Baylor Network.