"Being able to apply my education with actual projects has made me more confident than ever to begin my career after graduation."
~ Nathan Bondurant, Graduate Student
TE INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION
Every semester TE welcomes undergraduate to post-doctorate students with the ability to or interest in learning to translate technology opportunities into potential business opportunities to join their team in a two-semester internship opportunity. Students will interact with a vast, experienced network and engage with technology innovations created to impact the world. TE internships provide experiential learning opportunities through a variety of projects.
The Baylor University Lab to Market (L2M) collaborative is a program aims to commercialize the technologies created in the laboratory and are effectively translating innovative ideas into products and services with real-world market impact. L2M is expressed in the synergy between business and engineering, helping to significantly expand student access to entrepreneurship education.
- Paid opportunity at $10-$12/hour for undergrad, $18-$20/hour for graduates and post doctorates (based on experience)
- Exposure to potential business opportunity in Waco
- Experiential learning and pitch deck development
- Coaching from experienced business leaders
- Introduction to and training on applied business tools
- Resume builder with significant experience and references
- A part-time or full-time post doctorate, graduate or undergraduate student at Baylor
- Commit to at least 10 hours per week (20 hours per week available)
- Commit to at least two semesters
- Have experience, interest or education in analytical thinking, the sciences, technology/engineering, entrepreneurship and/or business
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and attend all required team meetings
- Have interest in identifying a potential tech leading to a Waco-based business
- Ability to or interest in learning to translate technology opportunities into potential business opportunities
For more information or to apply for a TE internship, please send an email to Monica Vardeman.
Information on on paid internships available in ProtoLAB, BizLAB, Materials Testing and Characterization and MLD can be found via the Core Facilities page.