"Being able to apply my education with actual projects has made me more confident than ever to begin my career after graduation."
~ Nathan Bondurant, Graduate Student
CTE INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION
Every semester CTE welcomes undergraduate to post-doctorate students with the ability to or interest in learning to translate technology opportunities into potential business opportunities to join their team in a two-semester internship opportunity. Students will interact with a vast, experienced network and engage with technology innovations created to impact the world. CTE internships provide experiential learning opportunities through a variety of projects.
The Baylor University Lab to Market (L2M) collaborative is a program aims to commercialize the technologies created in the laboratory and are effectively translating innovative ideas into products and services with real-world market impact. L2M is expressed in the synergy between business and engineering, helping to significantly expand student access to entrepreneurship education.
- Paid opportunity at $10-$12/hour for undergrad, $18-$20/hour for graduates and post doctorates (based on experience)
- Exposure to potential business opportunity in Waco
- Experiential learning and pitch deck development
- Coaching from experienced business leaders
- Introduction to and training on applied business tools
- Resume builder with significant experience and references
- A part-time or full-time post doctorate, graduate or undergraduate student at Baylor
- Commit to at least 10 hours per week (20 hours per week available)
- Commit to at least two semesters
- Have experience, interest or education in analytical thinking, the sciences, technology/engineering, entrepreneurship and/or business
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and attend all required team meetings
- Have interest in identifying a potential tech leading to a Waco-based business
- Ability to or interest in learning to translate technology opportunities into potential business opportunities
For more information or to apply for a CTE internship, please send an email to Monica Vardeman.
Information on on paid internships available in ProtoLAB, BizLAB, Materials Testing and Characterization and MLD can be found via the Core Facilities page.