Below is the format for the Baylor Youth Entrepreneur of the Year Award process.
We will be collecting entries through nomination. Parents, teachers, friends, community leaders, or anyone else can nominate a young entrepreneur for consideration. Self-nomination is allowed.
Once a young entrepreneur is nominated, we will contact that individual and provide him or her the opportunity to accept or decline the nomination
Please follow this link to Nominate a Young Entrepreneur.
Upon acceptance, he or she will then complete the award application to be considered for the award. The application will consist of the following:
- Applicant information
- Year in School
- School currently attending
- W9 form
- Future academic plans
- Chaperone contact information
- Enrollment verification
- Documentation from a reputable source to verify and confirm student enrollment
- Company Information
- Minimum 2 page description of business answering the following questions
- What does your company do?
- Where did the idea for your company come from?
- How does your company make money?
- Who are your customers and how did you acquire your customers?
- How much do you charge and how did you decide that price?
- How do you deliver your product or service to your customer?
- How many customers do you currently have?
- How do you spread awareness of your company and its offering?
- What other companies does your company compete with?
- How do you plan to grow your business?
- Who are your business partners?
- How much startup capital did you need to launch your business? Where did you get the money?
- Do you currently have an entity formed?
- Please include a table showing the amount of sales, net proft, and number of employees for:
- The past three years (2014, 2015, 2016) (if applicable)
- The current year (2017)
- Projections for the next three years (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Video Submission
- Students must create a video no longer than 5 minutes to present their business. This must be completed as part of the application.
- This video will be used in the evaluation of the idea and will also be shown to the attending audience at the awards event, so make it great!
Once all applications are received, they will be judged internally by faculty, staff, and other qualified invidiuals connected to the Baylor University Entrepreneurship Program. Up to ten finalist companies will be chosen. Of those ten, three will be chosen as award winners prior to the awards ceremony.
Ten award finalists will be chosen and invited to Baylor's campus to present their ideas. These presentations will be solely to showcase the students' ideas, as the award winners will already have been chosen prior to the event.
Prize money will be given to the top 3 of the 10 finalists. All finalists and winners will be recognized and receive thank-you gifts and awards.