The Application Process
We are here to help guide you through the application process. Please contact us for immediate assistance at any time.
You can be on your way to starting your MBA in just a few steps!
- Step 1: Create your GoBaylor account and make a profile
- Step 2: Start your Application
- Upon logging in to the online application, please select the following program and degree:
- Program: Business - Executive MBA - Dallas
- Degree: Masters of Business Administration (M.B.A)
- Step 3: Submit Completed Application and Required Materials (see box below)
- Step 4: We will contact your for an in-office interview.
Upload a current resume detailing:
- Work experience and career progression to date
- Range of job responsibilities including managerial, supervisory and budgetary experience
- Educational background
- Activities, honors, or awards you have received that would be of interest to the Admissions Committee
As part of the application, you must provide the name, title, and email address of three references. Each reference will be sent an email message with a link directing him/her on how to submit the recommendation either by uploading a file or entering text into a form. Alternatively, your reference may also email his/her letter of recommendation directly to our office at: email@example.com.
Please be thoughtful when selecting your recommenders. One of the three recommenders should know you well in your current position such as a direct supervisor, manager or client. The letters of recommendation should provide an assessment of your business acumen and capabilities.
Please note as part of the email your recommenders receive they will be notified as to whether or not you have waived your rights to access their recommendation. You are encouraged to answer that question before sending the emails. The question can be found on page 7 of the application under "Statement of Waiver of Rights."
You must complete 3 essays as part of your application.
You should thoroughly answer each question using specific examples and experiences. Essays are an opportunity to provide insight into your motivations for applying and your career aspirations rather than rehashing your resume. They also serve as a writing sample to gauge your writing proficiency.
The online application will direct you on how to submit your essays either by direct entry into the application or uploading a WordDoc/PDF.
Optional 4th Essay: If you have additional information or feel there are extenuating circumstances which you would like to share with the Admissions Committee. Please complete your optional essay in 250 words or less.
Potential topics may include:
- Significant gaps in work experience
- Choice of recommenders
- Academic performance issues
- Areas of weakness in your application
An official transcript is needed from every college or university the applicant has ever attended. If you are a graduate of Baylor University, we will have access to those transcripts.
Official Transcripts (hard copies in a sealed envelope) should be mailed to:
Baylor EMBA Program
12230 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75230
The Graduate School also accepts electronic transcripts from the following companies:
- Avow Systems, Inc
- Credential Solutions
- National Student Clearinghouse
A $100 non-refundable fee is required to process your application. It is payable by credit card upon submission of your online application.
The Business School waives the application fee for the following persons:
- Active duty or veteran military personnel
- Baylor University Alumni
Before you submit your application, please email Erin Basden to request the application fee waiver.