Announcing the Christian Ethics & Leadership in Business Scholarships
Application Dates: February 1 - March 19, 2021
Christian Ethics and Leadership in Business Scholarships will be awarded to students in the Hankamer School of Business who are committed to integrating their Christian faith into business leadership opportunities. Students will receive a scholarship of $2,000 divided between the fall and spring semesters of the 2021-2022 academic year.
These scholarships are supported by the Paul J. Meyer Christian Leadership in Business Endowment, the M. Lee and Millie Harris scholarship fund, and the Steve and Beth Jarvie scholarships. The purpose of the scholarships is two-fold:
- to recognize current and past demonstration of Christian leadership and ethics, and
- to promote a Christian perspective on business leadership and ethics within the Hankamer School of Business and the community.
Applications submitted to the Ethics and Leadership Suite Attn: Sandi Stuit no later than March 19, 2021. A complete application must include:
- Electronic Application Form (www.baylor.edu/business/businessethicsforum/index.php?id=940309).
- Two Letters of Reference--one from a Baylor faculty or staff member and one from a pastor or spiritual mentor. Have your references email their reference letter to Sandi_Stuit@baylor.edu.
- Unofficial Baylor University transcript emailed to Sandi_Stuit@baylor.edu.
- Completion of Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which is to be submitted to the Office of Academic Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- Applicant must have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher and have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours (undergraduate applicants) by the end of the Spring 2021 semester.
- A short interview is likely to be requested after submission of your application.
“Dr. Neubert’s and Dr. Quade’s extensive wisdom, connections, and intentionality afforded me opportunities to converse with top-level executives, consult abroad in Manchester on a Business as Missions trip, engage in relevant discussions, and walk alongside two role models. These thought-provoking conversations equipped me with the practical tools, mindset, and inspiration necessary for an impactful career as an ambassador for Christ in a secular work environment. I leave Baylor eager to apply the lessons taught here to make a difference for the Kingdom as a businessman.”
-Andrew Brinkman, Baylor Business Fellows, Management Information Systems, Film and Digital Media, Spring 2020