Reserving Your Spot
Registration for the Baylor Business in Europe summer study abroad program is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Early registration is recommended as space is limited. Applications will open during the fall semester and will be accepted until all 45 spots are filled.
Please Note: Our application process is now available, so you can now submit your application!
To reserve your place in the program, you must complete/submit the following three items:
- Completed BearsAbroad Application Questionnaire
- Need help? Click here for the BearsAbroad Application Help PDF
- Unofficial Transcript (can be printed from BearWeb)
A $1000 deposit must accompany your application and should be turned in as early as possible with your unofficial Baylor transcript. Once you are accepted to the program, the deposit is applied to your program fee. This deposit is non-refundable because these funds represent a student's "good faith commitment" to the program. Deposits will be refunded in full for any student that is not accpeted into the program.
All deposits will be made through the "e-deposits" tab on your student account. Complete instructions can be found in the link below.Study Abroad Deposit Instructions
Program fees are not refundable after the start of the program unless there is a medical emergency which is verified in writing from a medical authority, for which a partial refund may be due to you.
After the above materials are collected, the student's application will be evaluated. If accepted, the student will receive an acceptance letter by e-mail, and the following materials will need to be collected before April 1, 2018 (these materials may be turned in with the application if desired):
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Release Forms
- Payment of remaining program fee balance (All deposits will be made through the "e-deposits" tab on your student account. The $1000 deposit will be applied to program fee)
- Flight itinerary
Acceptance to the Program
Acceptance into the program is based (1) a review of your completed application, (2) submission of required materials, and (3) your ability to meet the criteria below. Once accepted, you will receive an acceptance message by email letting you know that your spot has been secured.
Please note the additional criteria for acceptance:
- Your GPA must be above 2.75. If your GPA is below 2.75, you may still apply but you must provide 2 professor recommendations and your acceptance will be determined based on these recommendations.
- You must not currently be on academic probation or suspension.
- You must not be placed on academic probation or suspended between the time you are accepted in to the program and the departure date. If you are placed on probation after your spot is secured, you risk losing your spot and forfeiting your deposit.
- If, prior to departure, circumstances arise that call a student's behavior into question, he or she may become ineligible for participation at the discretion of the program director.
If you are not granted acceptance into the program, your deposit check will be refunded. If you are accepted into the program and later choose not to participate, your deposit will be forfeited.