As a member of the Baylor Angel Network, you will help in providing emerging companies with startup capital through direct, private investments with a goal of achieving significant returns. In addition, to support Baylor University, you may be offered the opportunity to guest lecture in entrepreneurship or other classes, or serve as mentors for Business School students.
Benefits of Membership
- Access to quality investment opportunities and screening reports compile by BAN analysts.
- Opportunity to co-invest with other highly-qualified investors.
- Networking with fellow investors and friends of Baylor University.
- Forum for the exchange of information and ideas regarding the formation, development, and financial structuring of investments.
- Educational materials through network affiliations, such as Angel Capital Association.
- Avenue to support Baylor University and mentor current and former students.
Requirements of Membership
- Qualify for accreditation by the SEC by meeting one of the following criteria:
- Have a net worth over $1 million, excluding the value of the person's primary residence, OR
- Have earned income that exceeded $200,000 (or $300,000 together with a spouse) in each of the prior two years, and reasonably expects the same for the current year
- Agree to and abide by the Rules of Membership and Conduct (Download PDF)
- Commitment to attend meetings as often as possible and selectively invest in companies presented.
- Active participation in the operation of the angel network. This may include referring deal flow, participating in due diligence, or serving as a deal lead, board member or advisor for portfolio companies.
- Willingness to serve as a mentor to BAN analysts, participate in panel discussion, or guest lecture.
- Intention to charitably gift a portion of investment profits to Baylor University.
- Pay annual membership dues.