As a member of the Baylor Angel Network, you will help in providing emerging companies with startup capital through direct, private investments with a goal of achieving significant returns. In addition, to support Baylor University, you may be offered the opportunity to guest lecture in entrepreneurship or other classes, or serve as mentors for Business School students.
Common Questions from Potential Angels
How Do I Become An Angel?
To become an angel, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualify for accreditation by the SEC by meeting one of the following criteria:
- Earned income that exceeded $200,000 (or $300,000 together with a spouse) in each of the prior two years, and reasonably expects the same for the current year, OR
- Have a net worth over $1 million, either alone or together with a spouse (excluding the value of the person's primary residence)
- Pay annual membership dues of $1,500
- Agree to and abide by the Rules of Membership and Conduct (Download PDF)