The Baylor Angel Network (BAN) is an investor network providing early stage capital to strong entrepreneurial teams with developed products or services and early customer traction.
We are constantly screening deals and seeking to add engaged members to our organization.
BAN is part of Baylor University's Hankamer School of Business and operates at the discretion of Dr. Terry Maness, Dean of The Hankamer School of Business.
Since each angel agrees to contribute a portion of their profits, BAN provides a long-term revenue source for the Hankamer School of Business and Baylor University.
BAN strives to:
- Provide quality early-stage investment opportunities to members.
- Assist, educate, and connect early-stage companies with information, advisors and capital to achieve profitable growth.
- Offer a hands-on educational experience to students.
- Serve as a student recruiting tool for the Hankamer School of Business.
- Provide a networking opportunity for Baylor alumni with similar interests.
- Serve as a revenue source for the Hankamer School of Business through the contribution of portions of member investment returns.
Each Fall, exemplary Junior students from the Hankamer School of Business and across campus apply and are selected to serve as BAN Analysts in a highly competitive interview process. These Analysts serve throughout their Junior and Senior years helping to carry out the day-to-day activities and operations of the network. Learn more about the student experience.
These engaged students receive a real-life education concerning the inner workings of angel investing.
Active since 2009, BAN members have invested capital into startup companies across the nation in industries ranging from technology to life sciences and medical devices to consumer packaged goods and beyond. We meet 4 times a year, twice in the Spring and twice in the Fall.
The Baylor Angel Network acts solely as a facilitator of the investment process by providing members with a method to view, analyze and monitor investment opportunities.
BAN does not provide members or others with investment advice and is not endorsing or offering prospective investment opportunities.
Members are solely responsible for the individual and independent investment decisions made both as to suitability and amount of any investment based on the member's assessment of the merits of the investment opportunity.