The mission of the accounting program is to educate students and advance our disciplines for the benefit of society. We are committed to providing a comprehensive education, guided by Christian values, that equips students for leadership and service.
- Advance our disciplines: Our faculty strives for excellence in all aspects of scholarship, including the creation, application, and dissemination of accounting and legal knowledge.
- Comprehensive education: Our faculty guides students to acquire the knowledge and skills they need in order to develop and use accounting information and legal principles. Courses in accounting, business, and related disciplines help students develop the ability to think critically about economic and business issues and to communicate their knowledge to interested parties.
- Christian values: Christian values include a strong work ethic, honesty, integrity, and respect for the worth of every individual. These values permeate the teaching of each faculty member, fostering a concern for all participants and a desire to serve society.
- Leadership: Leaders set an example for others to follow. They accept responsibility and accountability for their actions. Our students accept responsibility for their own learning by being actively, rather than passively, engaged in the learning process. They learn accountability through personal interaction with faculty members and peers.
- Community: A community empowers members to participate meaningfully in its activities and its continuous improvement. Members participate because they are accepted by others, take responsibility for the organization’s work, and share in the organization’s success.
- We are responsible for advancing the field of accounting through academic, professional, and educational research activities and writing.
- We believe our people - faculty, staff, students, and alumni - are our greatest resource.
- We build relationships that transcend the physical and temporal boundaries of campus.
- We foster a work and learning environment characterized by affirmation, mutual respect, and integrity.
- We facilitate open and candid communication.