Corporate Partnership Program
For the past several years, our Accounting Corporate Partner program has been a success. Partners received increased exposure to students and faculty, and the partner-sponsored programs/events have been extremely valuable for the students.
What is an Accounting Corporate Partner?
An Accounting Corporate Partner is a company interested in ensuring the continued excellence of Baylor’s Accounting program. The financial commitments by our corporate sponsors support scholarships, teaching, and student/faculty development needs within the department. Partners see their direct impact by helping provide development programming for all accounting students, which ensures a pool of well-prepared entry-level accounting business professionals. Corporate Partners also benefit from increased interaction with students/faculty and on-campus name recognition.
What exposure does an Accounting Corporate Partner receive?
- Accounting Corporate Partners are identified and acknowledged
- at various sponsored events.
- in the accounting major recruiting handbook provided to accounting majors in first year.
- on the annual Accounting t-shirt given to every accounting major.
- on the digital information display within the Department's lobby.
- in the Department’s Annual Report and other publications as appropriate.
Additionally, Accounting Corporate Partners are invited to participate in accounting events that provide campus networking/recruiting opportunities, receive reserved interview and pre-interview dates during busy spring recruiting season, and gain increased support and service from the Director of Accounting Internships & Career Development.
What events does an Accounting Corporate Partner help support?
- Accounting Corporate Partners are instrumental in providing financial support for the following events during the academic year
- New Accounting Major Initiatives
- Accounting Career Interest Initiatives
- Accounting Recruiting Preparation Meetings
- Fall New Major Orientation & Major Welcome Back Dinner (Student Participation Only – No firms)
- Corporate Partners/Recruiter Kickoff Meeting
- New Major Résumé Review Workshop
- Industry Careers Dinner Discussion (includes career fair)
- Public Accounting Audit/Tax Careers Dinner Discussion (includes meet the firms career fair)
- Pre-Internship Workshops: Internship Expectations, Excel, Communication
- Accounting Career Day (includes career fair)
- Spring Accounting Firm Presentation Day
- Spring New Major Orientation (Student Participation Only – No firms)
- Spring Beta Alpha Psi Initiation and Awards Banquet
Would like more information?
Contact Daniel Shallcross, Daniel_Shallcross@baylor.edu or 254-710-3137 for questions or to begin your partnership.