Revenue Tips

Cash received from an outside source should be recorded as revenue (5xxx), not as a decrease to actual expenditures (9xxx).

Revenues are not transferred to expenditure codes; instead, their budgets offset each other.

NOTE - Participation fees which are collected during the same fiscal year in which a program or event will take place are recorded in 5886 (Special Program/Service Income). Fees which are collected during the current fiscal year for a program or event which will take place in the next fiscal year are recorded in 2490 (Deferred Income).