Belew Scholars' Room
The Belew Scholars' Room, originally the classroom of Dr. A. J. Armstrong, holds six stained glass windows that were created by Charles J. Connick Associates, Inc., Boston, Massachusetts. These windows were enjoyed by students as they attended English classes in the room from 1951 until 1982, the year the English Department relocated to Carroll Science Building. A renovation of the classroom in 1995, made possible by donations from Dr. and Mrs. John S. Belew, Katherine Belew Gorham, and others, turned the room into a tranquil and secure setting for scholarly research. Today, researchers, students, and visitors are inspired by the windows.
By using the links below or in the callout box at the bottom right, please take a moment to view images of the six windows and the accompanying quotations from the Brownings' poetry.