The Director's office oversees the daily operations of the BRIC as well as multiple core research facilities. Located in the BRIC front office, the Director's office facilitates the needs of the various research departments, institutions, stakeholders, and industry partners to ensure that the building accommodates all academic and research needs.
- 330,000 square foot facility with spaces optimized for both research and advanced prototyping
- First-floor high-bay spaces with floor to ceiling heights of 20 feet
- Industrial-grade, vibration dampening reinforced concrete and structural steel construction throughout with a first floor 18-inch concrete foundation
- Centralized compressed air, lab vacuum, and lab exhaust for current and future laboratories
- Recirculating medium temp chilled water available for equipment and instrumentation cooling
- Internet2 connectivity and access to Baylor’s research-grade computing cluster
- Free Trade Zone #246 designation
- Easy on/off access from Interstate 35 and Texas Highway 6/Business 77
- Over 6,000 square feet of shared meeting space available for research/industry collaborations, workforce training, symposia, and community stakeholder events
- Symposium spaces offer floor-to-ceiling glass wall design providing a scenic panoramic view of the Brazos River Valley, Waco, and Baylor University including the spectacular Baylor McLane Stadium
- Multimedia technology suitable for presentations, conferences, workshops, forums, etc.
- Immediate proximity to research offices, laboratories, and break areas, including an alfresco dining and conversation venue located on the 3rd floor
- Open to community stakeholder organizations, Baylor affiliated scientific professional and technical associations, and partner institutions for hosting events