Family First Welcome Care Kit
As part of Baylor’s Family First campaign to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 on campus, all Baylor students, faculty and staff will receive a Family First Welcome Care Kit as part of your return to our Waco campus.
Components of this care package will include:
- Two Baylor-branded face coverings to help keep yourself and others safe, comply with the University’s requirement to wear face coverings in all University buildings and outdoors on campus when social distancing is not possible;
- COVID-19 instructional materials to inform you of the best ways to help keep our campus community healthy and safe, walk you through daily COVID-19 self-checks, offer tips on managing stress and anxiety and what to do if you feel sick;
- Thermometer to assist with conducting a daily COVID-19 self-check;
- Hand sanitizer to add individual support of the campus-wide cleaning and sanitization efforts;
- Water bottle to keep you hydrated and prevent any inconveniences due to the closures of conventional campus water fountains, along with a sticker to adhere to the bottle with room to write your name to prevent confusion;
- Coupons from local vendors and eateries that share our commitment to high standards of care and safety precautions.
Students also will receive a COVID-19 Student Guide with information on safe and healthy practices on campus and steps to create an action plan in the event that they do become ill. They also may refer to the online version of the COVID-19 Student Guide.
Students living on campus will receive their Welcome Care Kits as they move into their residence halls. Incoming first-year students will receive their Kit from a tent outside of the Ferrell Center during Move-In. To receive the box and other Welcome Week resources, students will be required to show proof of a COVID-19 test. Students who opted for unassisted move-in on Sunday or Monday will receive their Welcome Care Kit upon check-in at their residence hall, along with any Upper Division students living in on-campus housing.
Students living off campus will pick up their Welcome Care Kit during the first week of classes from Tent #1 on Fountain Mall.You will need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test and access your Care Kit Event Pass by logging on to Baylor Connect using your Bear ID and password.
Online-only students, those who elected to take all of their classes online this semester, will receive their Welcome Care Kit in the mail.
Faculty and staff will receive their kits in their offices beginning this week.
All satellite campuses will receive Welcome Care Kits for their students, faculty and staff in the coming weeks.
If you are a student and have been unable to obtain your test results before arriving on campus, please complete and submit the COVID-19 Testing Assistance Form. A staff member will review your form and respond with further instructions — please allow 48 hours for a response due to the volume of inquiries. For off-campus students, it is not too late to return the completed test kit that was mailed to your home or supplied address.