Fall 2021 is here! Below are some resources and opportunities to connect:
Follow us and Join us for Instagram Spotlights
Make sure to follow us to stay updated with BIC events, current student spotlights, alumni, and more!
We are so glad to welcome you into the BIC family and introduce the BIC 2021 cohort to the world! Fill out this form to tell us more about you and get highlighted on our Instagram.
Meet Your Advisors
Our advisors loved meeting you at orientation! With fall around the corner, please take note that your advisor assignment may vary from that of orientation. See your permanent advising assignments below and click to learn about your BIC advisor.
Meet Your BIC PIs and Mentors
BIC Peer instructors (PIs) are upper level BIC students who assist you and your professors in the first year BIC courses: World Cultures and Rhetoric. Examined Life Mentors are upper level BIC students who volunteer to assist a small group class of BIC freshman in Examined Life I. BIC PIs and Mentors are excited to help you navigate this journey with you. Click below to find out who they are.
Want to access your fall schedule?
Check out some simple instructions below to help you navigate through the Bearweb system and help you find your fall schedule:
- Head to Bearweb and input your Baylor ID and password.
- You'll be directed to the home page which includes tabs that are labeled, "Personal Information", "Student Academic Services", "Student Financial Services", and "Distinct Student Populations".
- Click on the tab labeled, "Student Academic Services", and then "Registration".
- In the first column, there's a link titled, "Student Class Schedule", and you'll want to click on that.
- From there, we would recommend selecting the, "Week-At-a-Glance" option, because it always seems to be the easiest to understand. It should provide you with all the information you need, (class location, section number, professor name, time and days, etc...)
Another helpful tool is the Navigate App! Download it, sign-in to see your class schedule for each day, and enjoy other great resources.
Accessing the University Catalog can be helpful for understanding your major and your overall academic plan. The online University Catalog for 2021-2022 is now available on the Office of the Registrar website:
Need help finding your books?
To find your book list for this semester
- Log on to bearweb.baylor.edu
- Select the Student academic services tab
- Select Registration
- Then Select Purchase Your Books on the bottom of the left hand column.
- Select the Fall 2021 option from the drop down menu.
- Then click BUY My Books Now, which should take you to the Baylor Bookstore website.
- You will then see several sections for each of the classes you are registered for with tabs below them indicating the books which are required for the course.
- Select the "+" on the right side of the tab to expand the tab to show the purchasing options, authors name, edition, and often a picture of the book.
Some of these books can only be purchased through Baylor, others you may find online using the information provided.
Some courses may not have books listed. If you did not find your books listed, it is possible that the bookstore has not been given the pertinent information yet. However, most BIC books should be noted on the website. The books on the website are still subject to change (although unlikely to) until you receive your syllabus.
Watch Our Videos
Don't feel like you need to watch them all. Just choose the ones that are most relevant for you. Whether you did virtual or in person orientation, these videos are another way for us to provide you with much of the typical information we would share with you. In these videos, we try to describe BIC and answer some of the most common questions we receive.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions