BIC Advising Assignments (All classifications):
- Dr. Melanie Nogalski: Students with Last Names A-E, Students with Last Names R-Z, and all School of Education
- Mr. Chris Moore: Students with Last Names F-Q
Students under 90 hours will have required BIC advising and after 90 hours are earned BIC advising is only recommended.
To schedule an advising appointment:
To make an appointment with your assigned BIC advisor, go to the Navigate page. Select "Make an Advising Appointment" on the right of your home page. If you need to cancel and reschedule an appointment, select those options in your appointment notification and choose another time.
BIC advisors open up their individual appointment calendars for two weeks only. If no appointment is available, check back later.
If you have difficulty making an appointment, email your BIC advisor or call the BIC office at (254)-710-3981.
Other advising assignments:
All BIC Students should check Bearweb to verify if any additional advising appointments are required. Visit your BearWeb account and select - Student Services & Financial Aid - Advisement - Advisement Contact Information. Here you will find your specific advising areas and/or Advisor.
BIC and Honors Advising:
Students in both BIC and the Honors Program will be advised by both their BIC advisor and Honors Program advisor.
To prepare for your advising appointment:
• Review your degree requirements on your Degree Audit
• Prepare a list of possible courses for next semester.
• Use Course Listings to determine if the courses are offered.
• Bring both your degree audit and your possible schedule to your advising appointment, along with your undergraduate catalog.
• Check Bearweb to determine if you need to meet with other departments for advising as well.
• Refer to the BIC Major Academic Planners (MAPs) if you are thinking about changing your major.