BIC Advising Assignments (All classifications):
NOTE: If you are trying to see a BIC advisor who previously worked with you under a different assignment, please email that advisor directly for an appointment.
To make an appointment with your assigned BIC advisor, go to the Student Success Collaborative (SSC) page. Select "Make an Advising Appointment" on the right of your home page. If you need to cancel and reschedule an appointment, select those options in your appointment notification and choose another time.
BIC advisors open up their individual appointment calendars for two weeks only. If no appointment is available, check back later.
If you have difficulty making an appointment, email your BIC advisor or call the BIC office at (254)-710-3981.
All BIC Students should check Bearweb to verify if any additional advising appointments are required. Visit your BearWeb account and select - Student Services & Financial Aid - Advisement - Advisement Contact Information. Here you will find your specific advising areas and/or Advisor.
First year students in both BIC and the Honors Program will be advised for Honors by their BIC advisor. You are not required to make an appointment with an Honors advisor at this time.
After the first year, students in both BIC and the Honors Program are required to be advised by an Honors Program advisor.
• Review your degree requirements on your Degree Audit
• Prepare a list of possible courses for next semester.
• Use Course Listings to determine if the courses are offered.
• Bring both your degree audit and your possible schedule to your advising appointment, along with your undergraduate catalog.
• Check Bearweb to determine if you need to meet with other departments for advising as well.
• Refer to the BIC Major Academic Planners (MAPs) if you are thinking about changing your major.