NEW TAX LEGISLATION
As you may be aware, Congress recently passed a new tax bill, which may have a direct impact on your philanthropic gifts. Under the previous tax code, a portion of giving to organizations like the Bear Foundation was considered tax deductible. New tax legislation could affect these policies, effective January 1, 2018.
Given this information, we encourage you to consider completing your 2017-18 Bear Foundation commitment and/or pre-paying for 2018-19 before December 31, 2017, in order to claim the maximum deductions from your giving. As always, we advise you consult with your personal tax advisor with any questions or for additional guidance. Please see below for more detailed information about year-end giving and how to make your donation online or by check.
2019 MCLANE STADIUM RESEATING
McLane Stadium will undergo a reseating ahead of the 2019 season. More details and information will be provided in early 2018. However, as you plan your year-end giving, please note that your 2018-19 Bear Foundation giving level will be used lo establish priority selection for the 2019 reseat. You will have the opportunity to adjust your 2018-19 giving level now or throughout the 2018 calendar year, to lock in the level that will be used for priority ranking.
YEAR-END GIVING REMINDERS
- The Bear Foundation office will close Monday, Dec. 25 for the Christmas holiday and will re-open Tuesday, Jan. 2.
- University Development office will be open Tuesday, Dec. 26 ·Friday, Dec. 29, from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. to assist with Year-End giving.
To Mail A Payment
- Checks should be dated on or before Dec. 31, 2017.
- Payments must be mailed via U.S. Postal Service with postmark on or before Dec. 31, 2017.
- Please send to: Baylor University, One Bear Place #97050, Waco, TX 76798-7050
For Credit Card Payments
- Log into your DonorNet online account through Dec. 31 or call (254) 710-2561 before 1 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 29.