CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING ACCEPTED INTO BAYLOR UNIVERSITY!!
Here's what's next....
The Aviation Sciences degree at Baylor University is a joint program between Baylor and Texas State Technical College (TSTC). TSTC-Waco provides supplemental course instruction and flight training required for the degree, therefore all Aviation Sciences majors must also apply to TSTC-Waco. Since you have selected Aviation Science as your major, please complete the following steps to satisfy TSTC's admission requirements.
Aviation Sciences Enrollment Steps
TSI testing exemptions
- Submit an application directly to TSTC-Waco which can be found here. If you are interested in the Professional Pilot concentration, please select "Aircraft Pilot Technology-Baylor" as your program/specialization. If you are interested in Air Traffic Control or Aircraft Dispatch, select "Aircraft Dispatch-Baylor" for either of those concentrations.
- Students seeking the Professional Pilot concentration must also obtain an FAA medical certificate from an Authorized Aviation Medical Examiner (AME). A second class certificate is required, however a first class certificate is recommended. To find an AME near you, click here.
- Submit a copy of your immunization records directly to TSTC-Waco~Admissions & Records~3801 Campus Drive~Waco, TX 76705.
- All students must meet Texas Success Initiative standards for college readiness by either taking a TSI test or by being exempt from the TSI requirments. Students will need to provide TSTC with the appropriate documentation for only ONE of the following exemptions.
- Honorable discharge from the military (DD Form 214 must be submitted directly to TSTC-Waco~Admissions & Records~3801 Campus Dr~Waco, TX 76705)
- Minimum SAT score of 1070 Composite with a minimum of 500 in both Critical Reading and Math (Score report sent directly to TSTC-Waco~Admissions & Records~3801 Campus Dr~Waco, TX 76705)
- Minimum ACT score of 23 Composite with a minimum of 19 in both English and Math (Score report sent directly to TSTC-Waco~Admissions & Records~3801 Campus Dr~Waco,TX 76705)
- A Grade of "C" or better in a qualified math, reading, AND writing course-click to see the list of applicable courses here. All college transcripts, including those from dual credit classes must be sent directly to TSTC-Waco~Admissions & Records~3801 Campus Dr~Waco, TX 76705
*Please be advised that significant additional costs apply to the flight training portion of the Aviation Sciences Professional Pilot degree program. However, all flight courses are eligible for financial aid consideration. Please see the cost breakdown for both in-state and out-of-state students here: Four Year Planner plus costs-In State.