University Teaching Exploration Grants
University Teaching Exploration Grants provide funding to faculty to engage in worthy research projects related to questions of teaching and learning in higher education. Administered by the Academy for Teaching and Learning (ATL), UTEGs are selected by an ad hoc committee.
Application and Projects Timeline
|Application Due||September 15|
|Notification to Applicants||October 15|
|Mid-Project Report Due||February 15|
|End of Project Report Due||September 15|
|Dissemination Requirements Due||February 15|
All full-time faculty members with expectations of ongoing employment at Baylor University, regardless of rank, may apply for UTEGs.
Levels of Funding and Dissemination Requirements
- Small Grants: Up to $5,000, with the expectation that researchers will submit their work to a scholarly journal on teaching and learning.
- Large Grants: Up to $10,000, with the expectation that researchers will submit a proposal for external funding.
If you have questions about program guidelines, please contact Christopher Richmann.
- Funds must be used in direct support of the UTEG project
- Funds may be used for support including, but not limited to:
- Faculty course buyout (with pre-approval from department chair)
- Equipment and supplies (to remain property of Baylor)
- Graduate student research/teaching assistant(s)
- Undergraduate student research/teaching assistant(s)
- External (non-Baylor) contract services and/or software (e.g., data analysis, transcription, training)
- Stipends for training events
- Travel and conference fees
- Participant incentives
- Funds MAY NOT be used for:
- Faculty supplemental pay