Teaching Capstone in Higher Education
(for May 2023 completion):
September 19, 2022
The Academy for Teaching & Learning, in collaboration with the Baylor University Graduate School, offers the Teaching Capstone in Higher Education (TeaCHE) for students wishing to teach in higher education upon graduating with a masters or doctoral degree. With an increasingly tight and competitive job market, this capstone is intended to enhance your readiness to teach in a higher education environment and, thereby, increase your marketability on the job market.
TeaCHE consists of five categories of tasks. Each category carries its own requirements and all five must be completed successfully to receive a Teaching Capstone in Higher Education. Upon completion of all five categories, applicants compose a 5-10 page reflective essay and submit it for review along with all other relevant materials. Participants sign up for the program in the fall semester and submit their final application for completion at the end of the spring semester in the same academic year. Successful completion of the Teaching Capstone in Higher Education is recorded on the participant's Baylor transcript.
Signing up for the Teaching Capstone in Higher Education is easy! Carefully familiarize yourself with the requirements for completion and submit an Intent to Participate form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Certain activities (including Categories 1 and 2 and select components of the other categories) may be fulfilled prior to entering the program; the remaining activities must be completed during your participation in the program.
- TeaCHE Categories
- Completing TeaCHE
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- "Classmates who are considering TeaCHE have asked me if it was worth the time and effort. My answer is, 'Yes.' It has given me a chance and the resources to reflect on the philosophy of teaching and learning in a way I could not have done on my own." - James Gorman (Religion)
- "What started out as just another line on the resume turned into a chance to learn and grow and be challenged by some of the greatest educators on Baylor's campus." - Andrea Woodard (Spanish)
- "All the (TeaCHE) components worked in concert to significantly influence my professional trajectory by awakening an intellectual passion that I did not know I had but that I intend to follow." - Skyler Toney (Health, Human Performance & Recreation)
- "I am glad I pursued this capstone and 'can I's?' changed into 'I can' and 'I will." - Divya Tuteja (Executive MBA, Austin)