- Johnson, Claire. "Best Practices in Syllabus Writing: Contents of a Learner-Centered Syllabus." Journal of Chiropractic Education 20, no. 2 (2006): 139-44.
- Parkes, Jay and Mary B. Harris. "The Purposes of a Syllabus." College Teaching 50, no. 2 (Spring, 2002): 55-61.
- Syllabus Checklist
- A checklist of the components of a comprehensive course syllabus adapted from Barbara Gross Davis, Tools for Teaching, Second Edition (Jossey-Bass, 2009).
- Syllabus Template
- A straight-forward syllabus template from Cornell University's Center for Teaching Excellence (now the Center for Teaching Innovation) revised and customized with permission.
Infographic Syllabus Resources
- Biology - "Ecology"
- Great Texts - "Intellectual Tradition of the Ancient World"
- Religion - "Christian Scriptures"