Core Curriculum Advisory Committee
The Core Curriculum Advisory Committee (CCAC) is a faculty committee of seven members who are tasked with maintaining the integrity of the core curriculum and serving as a resource for instructors of the Core. The committee supports and ensures that the instructors of all ranks and at all levels of the Core convey the specific objectives of the vision and that these objectives are pursued in the classroom or laboratory. The CCAC has a rotating roster of faculty members representing the key areas of the core vision:
- Chair, At-large—Julie deGraffenried (HIS); term expires August 2022
- Critical Thinking—Hope Johnson (ENG); term expires August 2023
- Scientific Reasoning—Julie King (ENV); term expires August 2023
- Civic Engagement—Andy Hogue (PSC); term expires August 2024
- Christian Tradition—Natalie Carnes (REL); term expires August 2022
- Creative Thinking—Jennings Sheffield (ART); term expires August 2022
- At-large—Tom McGrath (CHE); term expires August 2024
- ex officio—Danielle Williams (ENG/Core)
- ex officio—Lauren Muhl (Dean's Office)
The Core Curriculum Advisory Committee welcomes inquiries and proposals for additions and revisions to core classes.
The process of submitting courses for consideration in the A&S Core has been updated and streamlined. For instructions and additional information on how to submit a course for consideration in the Core, please visit www.baylor.edu/as_core_submissions. If you have questions about the submission process, please contact Lauren Poor, Director of the Core at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Julie deGraffenried, Chair, CCAC.