A Continuing Legacy...
The Baylor University Heritage Club was established in 1977 as a way to honor Baylor alumni who attended Baylor fifty years ago or more. All alumni are eligible, even if you did not graduate from Baylor.
Members are honored with a Heritage Club celebration held on campus each spring. Much like a Homecoming designed especially for older graduates, it includes interesting programs, campus tours, and lots of opportunities for fellowship. The highlight of the two-day event is a special presentation of "Golden Anniversary" diplomas or certificates to the fifty-year class, followed by a gala banquet that evening where "Diamond Anniversary" diplomas or certificates are presented to members of the seventy-five year class. Make plans to attend Baylor Heritage Club as a new member or return to enjoy other opportunities to fellowship with classmates, friends, and perhaps make new friends within the Baylor family.
43rd Annual Baylor Heritage Club Meeting
Schedule of Events
Monday, April 15
- 7:30 – 9 a.m. Begin your morning at the Waco Convention Center, 100 Washington Drive, just down University Parks Drive from the campus. While there, pick up your registration packet, discover who will be attending Heritage events, sign up for today’s tours, and enjoy a full breakfast buffet. Casual dress is encouraged for all events with the exception of the President’s Dinner, which is coat-and-tie.
- 9:15 a.m. We will gather for the welcome message from David Rosselli, vice president for University advancement.
- 9:30 a.m. First session – Enjoy a presentation by Dr. Alan J. Lefever, director, Texas Baptist Historical Collections.
- 10:45 a.m. Second session – Mack B. Rhoades IV, vice president and director of intercollegiate athletics, and “Voice of the Bears” John Morris will share updates in a Q&A-style format.
- Noon – 1:15 p.m. A buffet lunch will be served at the Convention Center. Containers will be available if you prefer to eat in your hotel room.
- 1:30 – 3 p.m. You will have an opportunity to select one of two tours: one to the impressive McLane Stadium (via Echo charter) or the other to Magnolia Market at the Silos (via Waco Transit), a site created by Baylor alumni Joanna and Chip Gaines. The buses will leave from and return to the
Washington Avenue entrance of the Convention Center. You will receive tour tickets at check-in Monday morning.
- 1 – 5 p.m. Those who prefer not to participate in any of the tours may explore campus or Waco attractions on their own.
- 3 p.m. Free time.
- 5 p.m. Members of the Class of 1969 will receive their golden diplomas and certificates in a special presentation. The class will sit in alphabetical order and cross the stage one-by-one in a graduation-style ceremony. Afterward there will be a class photo. All Heritage attendees are
invited to attend the ceremony. Of course, family and friends of the Class of 1969 members are encouraged to attend and cheer the accomplishments of their loved one.
- 5:30 p.m. All Heritage members may enjoy a time of fellowship with other Heritage participants with pre-dinner refreshments for everyone in the Convention Center lobby.
- 6 p.m. We gather for one of the highlights of Baylor Heritage Club, the President’s Dinner. Following this year’s musical entertainment, Baylor President Linda A. Livingstone, Ph.D., will deliver the keynote address.
Tuesday, April 16
- 7:30 – 10 a.m. Enjoy a full buffet breakfast, served at the Convention Center and co-sponsored by Baylor’s Office of Gift Planning/University Advancement. Before you begin your journey home, be sure to exchange addresses with Baylor friends and get in one last conversation until you see each other again at next year’s Heritage Club.
The $85 per-person registration fee covers the costs of all events. Please register by April 8, 2019.
For more information about the Heritage Club, please e-mail Baylor Alumni Programs.