Johnnie Hughes Hatfield
Woman of Distinction 2003-2004
Johnnie Hatfield was selected at the BUWC Woman of Distinction for 2003-2004. A native of Lone Oak, Texas, Johnnie is the daughter of Rudd B. Hughes (BA 1922, MA 1930) and Ophelia Spradling Hughes (BA 1926). After graduating from Baylor in 1967 with a BS, Johnnie married Thomas Edmund Hatfield, III (BA 1967). She and Tom are the parents of Todd and Joy Hatfield Sanders (BS1994) Thomas Edmund Hatfield IV, and Scott Hughes Hatfield and grand parents to grandson Colton Prentice Sanders (Class of 2025!)
Johnnie is a past high school teacher and national consultant with Future Homemakers of America. She is a member Prestonwood Baptist Church and a past VBS teacher, Mentoring Mom, and Sunday School teacher.
Among Johnnie's many areas of service and talent are:
- President of BUWC, 2004-2005
- Past President: National Charity League, Willow Bend Homeowners Association, Pi Beta Phi Alumnae Club
- Worth Clothing Sales Associate, Interior Design Consultant
- Past Book Reviewer
- Community and School Volunteer
- Bear Foundation Drive Volunteer (too many years to count)
- Women's Athletic Committee Baylor University
When Johnnie is not volunteering for Baylor or attending Baylor athletic events, she enjoys sewing, cooking, golf, flower arranging, and visiting with family and friends. She is indeed a Woman of Distinction, and the BUWC is honored to count her among our own!