Five Baylor students came away winners following the 38th Annual Texas Arts & Crafts Fair in Kerrville, including one who won the fair's highest honor--Emerging Texas Artist.
More than 150 professional artists and approximately 50 students entered the event, which attracted more than 15,000 visitors during Memorial Day weekend.
"Baylor did very well, and we had more students from Baylor than from anywhere else," said Penni Carr, the fair's executive director.
Winners from Baylor, including their categories and their scholarships prizes:
- Emerging Texas Artist Winner: Erin Dobbins, BFA '09, painting, $5,000.
- Emerging Texas Artist Runner-up: Camille Hawbaker, BFA '09, graphic design, $2,500
- Winner, mixed media: Hunter Chamber, senior, $1,250
- Winner, photography: Jessica Hollis, BFA '09, $1,250
- Winner, sculpture: Casey Wright, senior, $1,250