The Official Baylor Ring Tradition
Baylor University’s legacy encompasses over 175 years of meaningful traditions. The Official Baylor Ring is a tangible symbol of our university’s rich heritage and a lifelong emblem—marking your incredible achievement and uniting you with Baylor alumni of the past, present and future.
Join the Official Baylor Ring Tradition!
Official Baylor Ring Week
Baylor offers a Fall and Spring each year, where students may view ring samples and be sized for their Official Baylor Ring by Balfour representatives. Spring 2023 Ring Week will take place Monday, February 13-Friday, February 17.
During this week, stop by the Student Union Building to view ring samples, get sized by Balfour representatives, and place your Official Baylor Ring order.
Rings purchased from vendors other than Balfour, the official ring provider for Baylor University, are not the Official Baylor Ring. Participation in the Official Baylor Ring Ceremony is reserved for students and alumni who purchase the Official Baylor Ring from Balfour.
- Baylor alumni and undergraduate students who have achieved 75 or more credit hours.
- Graduate students who have completed 18 credit hours toward their degree.
- Ph.D. students who have completed 30 credit hours toward their degree.
The Official Baylor Ring Scholarship
Each Official Baylor Ring purchase helps support the Official Baylor Ring Scholarship fund, which will help ensure that the Official Baylor Ring is attainable for eligible students in need who wish to participate in the Official Baylor Ring tradition. The application process for the Spring 2023 semester begins Jan. 1, 2023, with a submission deadline of Feb. 2, 2023.
- Scholarship applicants must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester hours.
- Scholarship applicants must have completed a minimum of 75 hours (undergraduate) or 18 hours (graduate).
- Scholarship applicants must have an overall GPA of 2.8 on a scale of 4.0.
- Scholarship applicants must demonstrate a financial need (through current FAFSA and CSS Profile on file with Baylor’s Financial Aid Office).
- Scholarship applicants must submit both an online application and a written essay consisting of at least 300 and no more than 500 words. Both the application and essay must be submitted by the deadline.
Scholarships may be awarded bi-annually in September and February during each academic year.
Scholarship recipients will receive $1,000 deposited to their student account to purchase their Official Baylor Ring from Balfour, our Official Baylor Ring provider. The scholarship funds awarded must be used in their entirety for the purchase of the Official Baylor Ring, and may not be used to purchase a ring from another provider.
Please click here to support the Official Baylor Ring Scholarship.
OfficialBaylorRing@baylor.edu or 254-710-8300.