Golden Wave Alumni Band Day
Alumni Band Day
Saturday, Nov. 13, 2021
The Annual Alumni Band Day allows alumni the opportunity to play and march during halftime with the current Baylor University Golden Wave Band. Marching at halftime has been a treasured part of our alumni experience since our founding in 1986. Join us on Nov. 13 as we celebrate our 35th anniversary as the Baylor University Golden Wave Alumni Band.
Festivities begin Friday evening with a welcome dinner at La Fiesta where you will receive materials for Alumni Band Day. Saturday will include an opportunity to practice together, perform at McLane Stadium, and close out a wonderful experience with a post-game dinner. Learn more and register to join us using the buttons below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The Friday Welcome Event meet-and-greet dinner will be a wonderful opportunity for fellowship among alumni and to receive your event packet with details for Game Day. You do not need to attend the Friday Welcome Event to participate in Golden Wave Alumni Band Day. The Welcome Event will be held at La Fiesta's "Fiesta House." The Fiesta House is located next door to the La Fiesta restaurant at 3725 Franklin Avenue.
- A Marcher will be participating in the halftime performance. The Legacy Line will not be required to march and will be performing in a designated spot on the side of the field.
- We have a limited number of school-owned instruments available to borrow for the day (tuba/sousaphone, baritone, mellophone, and drumline), please be prepared to bring your own. Due to limited stock, they will be provided on a first-come first-serve basis and we can’t guarantee availability.
- You will receive a link for your instrument via email the week prior to the game. Before game day, please download and print all music. Please put your music in a flip folder and bring your lyre. Printed copies of music will not be available at registration.
- You will receive a packet of information including your lunch ticket and schedule for the day during the Friday Night Welcome Event. If you are borrowing an instrument or flag, it will be signed out to you on Saturday Morning.
- Reserved seating will be provided for Golden Wave Alumni Band participants. You do not need to purchase football tickets for yourself. Guests, family and friends are not included in the reserved section.
- Tickets for family and friends can be purchased directly from the Ticket Office, please use the promo code: ALUMNIBANDDAY2021.
- A Baylor University Golden Wave Alumni Band Polo is required to participate. Comfortable khaki or black pants, crops, or shorts with closed-toe shoes are suggested. GWAB polos, hats and decals were available to order through Thursday, Oct. 21. Missed the deadline to order your polo? Don't worry! We have ordered a few extras, shoot Vanessa_Carrillo@baylor.edu an email to secure yours.
- Parking is available next to the McCrary Music Building (110 Baylor Avenue). Parking is free for alumni band members. A parking map can be found at http://www.baylor.edu/map/. To find on Baylor map, search for Parking/All Parking/McCrary Music Bldg –Lot #48. Once parked, walk over to Allison Indoor Football Practice Facility. To find on Baylor map, search Athletic, Recreation & Sports/Allison Indoor Football Practice Facility. Those with physical limitations can be dropped off at Allison, but no parking will be allowed there. Golf Carts will be available to transport.
- Yes, on game day, we will have golf carts shuttling to and from the parking, practice facility, and stadium throughout the day. In addition, we have an option for our alumni to participate in the Golden Wave Alumni Band "Legacy Line" group which will be included in the halftime performance but does not have to march on the field. Please email Vanessa_Carrillo@baylor.edu with specific needs or concerns. We are happy to provide accessibiliy accommodations.