Official Baylor Ring
The Official Baylor Ring Tradition
Baylor University’s legacy encompasses over 175 years of meaningful traditions. The Official Baylor Ring is a tangible symbol of our university’s rich heritage, and a lifelong emblem marking your incredible achievement and uniting you with Baylor alumni of the past, present and future.
Join the Official Baylor Ring Tradition!
Order during Spring Ring Week, February 22 - March 4, 2021
Baylor offers Fall and Spring Ring Weeks each year.
- Eligible students must order during Ring Week for their rings to be included in *BeaRing the Night and the **Official Baylor Ring Ceremony.
- Rings ordered outside of Ring Week and Alumni rings will be shipped directly to the address you provide when placing your order.
- Click here to customize and order your Official Baylor Ring.
To view Official Baylor Ring samples and be sized, schedule your appointment by emailing OfficialBaylorRing@baylor.edu
- You will receive an email confirmation the day before your appointment.
- To follow social distancing recommendations, in-person appointments will follow Baylor University’s Interim COVID-19 Policies and will be limited to 15 minutes to provide adequate sanitation time in between appointments.
- If you are unavailable for an in-person appointment, but need to determine your ring size:
- You may visit a jeweler to be sized;
- We can mail you a plastic ring sizer;
- Or you may purchase a ring sizer from Amazon.
- Scholarship applicants must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester hours.
- Scholarship applicants must have completed a minimum of 75 hours (undergraduate) or 18 hours (graduate).
- Scholarship applicants must have an overall GPA of 2.8 on a scale of 4.0.
- Scholarship applicants must demonstrate a financial need (through current FAFSA and CSS Profile on file with Baylor’s Financial Aid Office).
- Scholarship applicants must submit both an online application and a written essay consisting of at least 300 and no more than 500 words. Both the application and essay must be submitted by the deadline.
- History of the Official Baylor Ring
- Official Baylor Ring Brochure
- Official Baylor Ring Savings Plan
- Ring Symbols
Questions? Contact us at OfficialBaylorRing@baylor.edu
Baylor alumni and undergraduate students who have achieved 75 or more credit hours, and graduate students who have completed 18 hours toward their degree are eligible to order the Official Baylor Ring.
Rings purchased from vendors other than Balfour, the official ring provider for Baylor University, are not the Official Baylor Ring. Participation in the Official Baylor Ring Ceremony is reserved for students and alumni who purchase the Official Baylor Ring from Balfour.
Official Baylor Ring Traditions / Events
*BeaRing the Night
It’s a SlumBear Party! BeaRing the Night will entertain you – and our mascots! Watch as the ring vault is placed in the Bill and Eva Williams Bear Habitat before “BeaRing the Night” under the watchful eyes of our treasured Baylor mascots – after a little (supervised) play time, of course! Click here for BeaRing the Night history and details.
**The Official Baylor Ring Ceremony
Celebrate your incredible achievement and the Official Baylor Ring tradition at the Official Baylor Ring Ceremony! You will hear from inspirational speakers including Baylor University President Dr. Linda A. Livingstone and Baylor alumnus Vince Clark, and have your photo taken with your Official Baylor Ring.
In the event that the COVID-19 pandemic prevents us from holding a socially-distanced, in-person Spring Ring Ceremony in late April / early May, we will once again hold a socially-distanced Ring Round Up pick up event and a virtual Official Baylor Ring Ceremony. This page will be updated as more information becomes available.
Please note: Official Baylor Ring recipients are welcome to participate in any future in-person Official Baylor Ring Ceremony when we are once again able to safely hold large events on campus.
The Official Baylor Ring Scholarship Program
Each Official Baylor Ring purchase helps support the Official Baylor Ring Scholarship fund, which will help ensure that the Official Baylor Ring is attainable for eligible students who wish to participate in the Official Baylor Ring tradition. We will accept applications for the Spring 2021 semester between January 15 - February 15, 2021. Please review the criteria below, and click here to apply. Please click here to support the Official Baylor Ring Scholarship fund.
Scholarships may be awarded bi-annually in September and February during each academic year.
Scholarship recipients will receive $1,000 deposited to their student account to purchase their Official Baylor Ring from Balfour, our Official Baylor Ring provider. The scholarship funds awarded must be used in their entirety for the purchase of the Official Baylor Ring, and may not be used to purchase a ring from another provider.
OfficialBaylorRing@baylor.edu or 254-710-8790