Next Steps after Acceptance
Print this and check off your list! goBAYLOR has all the details, but this is a great starting point.
YOU'RE ACCEPTED! Now what?
For Spring Transfer Students:
- Priority: File the FAFSA and CSS Profile (required for need-based aid).
- If interested, apply to the special programs and majors like the Honors College.
- View your transfer credits in goBAYLOR under the "Announcements" tab.
YOU'VE PAID YOUR DEPOSIT! Now what?
It's official: you're a Baylor Bear, and your spot is secure. These next steps are crucial to get you enrolled.
- Priority: Make sure you’ve done all the checklist items in the Accepted section above.
- Priority: Enroll with Baylor’s DUO 2-Factor Authentication platform (required on your student phone).
- Priority: Access your Baylor email at mail.baylor.edu.
- Your advisor will contact you through this email address! Be sure to check your email regularly.
- Priority: Submit your proof of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination (allow 1-2 weeks for processing).
- Priority: Review your financial options at baylor.edu/sfs.
- Optional: Submit your Housing Application (cannot do this until you've satisfied your BMV requirement). Transfer students are not required to live on campus.
- Open Now: Set up an appointment with your Advisor.
- You must be advised before registering for classes.
- Submit your Health Form.
- Submit the New Student Advising Questionnaire (available in goBAYLOR).
- Testing requirements for: Math ALEKS, Chemistry ALEKS, and/or English language (check goBAYLOR to see if this is required of you)
- Open Now: Sign up for Welcome Weekend!
- December - January: Send your updated college transcripts with fall grades.
- By December 19: Pay your first semester bill.