About the Program
The Add Milk! Healthy Fluid Milk Incentive program is designed to increase the purchase and consumption of fluid cow’s milk.
Why milk? Fluid cow’s milk offers several unique health benefits.
- Provides 13 essential nutrients
- Promotes proper child brain and bone development
- Is a natural source of protein
- Reduces the risk of high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes
Yet, nationally, 90% of Americans do not meet the recommended amounts for dairy consumption.
By creating a one-for-one-dollar match on healthy fluid milk purchases, the Add Milk! program seeks to make it easier for SNAP recipients to purchase and consume milk for healthy lives.
Add Milk! is a pilot program of Baylor University’s Collaborative on Hunger and Poverty in partnership with Jubilee Food Market and Wake Fern. grocery stores and the South Plains Hunger Coalition based in Lubbock, Texas. This project is funded by a grant from the United States Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Services. the AddMilk! program follows USDA's nondiscrimination policy, which can be viewed HERE.
How It Works
Who can participate?
Any SNAP participant (individual or family) can take part by using SNAP dollars to purchase a qualifying milk product.*
What type of milk products can I buy?
Qualifying products include ANY size 1% or fat-free fluid cow’s milk. Products must be pasteurized, unflavored, and unsweetened.
How do I get coupons for milk products?
- To get a coupon, you’ll first need to purchase a qualifying milk product.*
- When you get ready to check out, purchase your items with your SNAP EBT (Lone Star) card. A coupon will be attached to the bottom of your receipt.
- For every dollar you spend you’ll earn a dollar for you next SNAP purchase.
- The next time you shop, use the coupon attached to the receipt of your qualifying purchase to buy any SNAP-eligible product.**
- Coupons expire within 60 days and can only be used at the store that issued the coupon.
* “Qualifying fluid milk” is 1% or fat-free fluid cow’s milk without flavors or sweeteners that meet FDA, state, and local standards for fluid milk Vitamin A and D levels.