Fall Accelerate Program
Baylor's Fall Accelerate program is a way for high school students to begin college courses in an online environment while still in high school.
Choosing to pursue college credit at Baylor during your high school days is a tremendous undertaking and is meant for only those students that are prepared to be challenged and stretched and are ready to excel.
Classes will be taught by Baylor faculty in the supportive Christian environment that is a hallmark of a Baylor education. Students will learn alongside their peers and also have the assurance that these classes will support most degree plans and majors.
Standards for Admission are as follows:
- Accelerate prepares students for the rigor of Baylor and other college classes and if completed successfully, will demonstrate students' ability to perform in college-level courses. Academically exemplary rising high school seniors and rising high school juniors are eligible to apply.
- Accelerate applicants must submit transcripts with ALL high school semesters of work they have completed.
- A student’s high school transcript must demonstrate a strong record of academic success. Baylor recommends that students are on track to complete 4-year units of math and 4-year units of science by the time they graduate from high school.
- Other students – considered on a case-by-case basis with approval and recommendation from their high school counselor.
Tuition and Fees
- $750 per credit hour tuition. Most courses are 3-4 hours of credit, so the Accelerate courses are between $2,250-3,000 a class. (A savings of $1,300 per hour!)
The preliminary list of available Fall 2021 courses is now available.
The application for Fall 2021 is now available until July 12!
For more information about Baylor's Accelerate, contact Kristy Brischke.