Baylor University in Waco, Texas, is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution.
Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continually operating university in Texas. Located in Waco, Baylor welcomes students from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and 89 countries to study a broad range of degrees among its 12 nationally recognized academic divisions.
Where We Are
- In Waco, Texas
- Metro area population greater than 245,000
- Approximately 1,000-acre campus located on the Brazos River
Who We Are
Fall 2018 Enrollment
- 3,366 new freshmen in the fall of 2018
- 44 percent of entering freshmen were in the top 10 percent of their high school graduating class.
- Mean SAT score of 1277 and mean ACT score of 28.5.
- 38 percent of the freshman class are minority students.
- 17,217 total enrollment (14,188 undergraduate and 3,029 graduate/professional students)
- 86.5% of students find jobs or start graduate school within 90 days of graduation.
- 142 undergraduate degree programs
- 75 master's programs
- 42 doctoral programs
- Education Specialist programs
- Baylor students interact with outstanding full-time faculty from their first days on campus.
- The student to faculty ratio is 14 to 1. The average undergraduate class size is 26.
- List of Academic Units
Campus Life Experience
- 330 clubs and organizations, including 40 national and local sororities and fraternities
- Baylor is among the 10 percent of U.S. universities with a Phi Beta Kappa chapter.
- Baylor students, faculty and staff annually volunteer more than 150,000 hours of community service locally.
- Home of the first campus chapter of Habitat for Humanity
- 39 percent of students live on campus in 12 residence halls.
- NCAA Division I, Big 12 Conference
- 19 varsity sports
- Women's basketball 2005 and 2012 NCAA national champions
- Men's tennis 2004 NCAA national champions
- Four Olympic gold medalists with 10 gold medals won
- Baylor has finished either first or second among Big 12 institutions in Graduation Success Rate score six times in the last eight years.
- Baylor has won a combined 65 Big 12 Conference championships (41 regular season, 24 tournament) in the league's 17-year history.
This site is updated semiannually (usually in December and July) using data compiled from several sources, including but not limited to Institutional Research and Testing, Annual Reports, Student Life and Athletics. Read more Quick Facts at Institutional Research and Testing