God has recently opened the door for us to start a church at the University of Texas at Austin called Moontower Church. The gatherings will take place in a facility on West Campus within a 5-minute walk of where more than 8500 students live. UT is home to over 53,000 students, but over 49,000 would not self-identify as Christian. Of the 4000 who do call themselves Christian, only 1000 are currently connected to a local church community.
The Campus Pastor is full-time staff leadership position tasked with building and leading Moontower Church from the ground up. Medical benefits are included. Salary is dependent on experience and expertise, and will be discussed during the interview process.
There will ample be opportunity for the Campus Pastor to lead through their communication ability, but this is not primarily a preaching/teaching role. The main objective is to identify, develop, and equip leaders to do ministry, and to develop systems to support ministry.
- Recruit, lead, and develop staff and volunteer leaders in every area of Moontower Church: setup/teardown team, connection team, worship team, and production team.
- Put together a core team, execute preview gatherings and outreach events, and launch weekly gatherings.
- Effectively plan, lead, and evaluate weekly gatherings alongside the Lead Pastor and Worship Team.
- Maintain a presence on UTs campus to connect and care for students.
- Execute, evaluate, and maintain systems, structures, and processes.
- Manage the church budget.
- Set and evaluate annual goals.
- Develop and oversee the online presence and social media strategy.
- Develop relationships with other UT campus organizations and ministries.
In order to best represent the diversity of God's Kingdom and of UT-Austin, we would prefer this position not be filled by a white male - meaning that women, women of color, and men of color are preferred.