Summit Church of Boise, Idaho, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of senior pastor. Applicants must be in alignment in our beliefs as stated in our Statement of Faith (https://www.summitchurchboise.org/what-we-believe) and with the beliefs of Mission Northwest, the regional association of American Baptist Churches of which we are a member (https://www.missionnorthwest.org/vision)
Responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
1. Preaching and Teaching the Word of God.
2. Working with church leadership to set and articulate the vision of the church and carry out its mission.
3. Identifying, developing, and overseeing ministries that fit the vision of the church.
4. Shepherding the congregation; Pastoral care, counseling, spiritual care, weddings and funerals.
5. Inspiring and encouraging the congregation to carry out the work of the church.
6. Providing organizational leadership including planning, managing staff (currently three associate pastors and four hourly support persons) and budgeting.
7. Embrace our leadership within Mission Northwest through active participation.
1. Full-time pastoral experience with demonstrated skill in preaching and teaching (minimum of 10 years preferable).
2. Previous experience managing multiple staff.
3. Hold a degree oriented to pastoral ministry; A minimum of a Bible college degree, seminary degree from an accredited school preferred.
4. Ordination (completed or in process) required with the American Baptist Churches.
A Face to the Future
Beyond these basic responsibilities and qualifications, we are seeking someone to lead us into our next chapter of ministry. We are located in the fastest growing area in Idaho, and we want to be fully engaged in our neighborhood in order to bring Jesus to people who do not yet know Jesus. Our next pastor needs to be able to connect with these people, empowering us to relate Christ in meaningful ways.
How To Apply
601 S Ross Point Road
Post Falls, ID 83854